DrCactus's Avatar Senior Member
    String Theory? 10 Dimensions?
    Sounds interesting!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Patmarki's Avatar Senior Member
    How about the Chaos Theory?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

FARLEYFAN's Avatar Banned
    What, doesn't everyone have a time machine nowadays, oh I forgot I am in the future... <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

God is a Red Sox Fan

Official Foxhound

Oh man, now look what youve done. Anyone interested in time travel but doesnt want to read an entire book about it should absolutely most definitely without a doubt in the world, see the movie Primer. It came out no more than I think 2 years ago. The dialog is very fast and unforgiving and you will HAVE to watch it more than twice to really have it start sinking in, but its well worth it.

So does time move slower for, say, ants? To us, because we are thousands of times larger, ants appear to move so very fast but get nowhere. So when we try and step on an ant our foot should actually appear to be moving slower in time, to them anyway. Does that mean because we "appear" to be moving slower that there are far more "instances" of our "motion" occuring in "their time"? For example when a film is shot at say 1000 frames a second for a dramatic explosion, are ants seeing a far higher "framerate" than we do. Meaning; time would move slower to a small creature?

If my silly idea is true, and gravity, according to quantum physics has an effect on time, what will that mean for objects that are SO large light cant escape its gravitational pull? If this super massive object could sense time, how fast or slow does time move for it? Assuming this gigantic thing hasnt collapsed upon itself just yet.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Gamertag: Bill Shred
    http://www.myspace.com/mechanicalant
    For those who take their hip-hop with Industrial and Electronica.

Don't forget the crystals!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

What, no flux capacitor?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
    Sam: Listen, Moose--
    Moss: It's Moss! Get it right or pay the price.

Patmarki's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
    What, no flux capacitor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you mean the artiferial moneculair atom-projector.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

savior2006's Avatar Senior Member
    What a minute...WTF?! <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------
    Late last night,
    and the night before,
    tommyknockers, tommyknockers,
    knocking at the door,
    I want to go out,
    don't know if I can,
    'cause I'm so afraid,
    of the tommyknocker man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If my silly idea is true, and gravity, according to quantum physics has an effect on time, what will that mean for objects that are SO large light cant escape its gravitational pull? If this super massive object could sense time, how fast or slow does time move for it? Assuming this gigantic thing hasnt collapsed upon itself just yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a black hole... there is no time in a black hole. You need something to refer to. And that isnt there.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

11th line of text (rules are still clear)
    12th line of text (rules are still clear) HS&lt;040703.
    13th line of text (rules are still clear)
    14th line of text (silly rules)

savior2006's Avatar Senior Member
    Of course time doesn't exist in a black hole, weren't you listening? Dr. Cactus said time doesn't exist in the first place.
    Since time is a measurement that's based on a concept made up by humans, I have to agree that time doesn't really exist.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------
    Late last night,
    and the night before,
    tommyknockers, tommyknockers,
    knocking at the door,
    I want to go out,
    don't know if I can,
    'cause I'm so afraid,
    of the tommyknocker man.