Hi! I bought FarCry yesterday! And I was eager to start playing it But I got this error message when trying to launch the game: Please login with administrator privileges and try again.
    The thing is, I am logged in as my admin user :s I tried to reinstall the game several times. I also created a new admin user. But still, I get this message :s I have no idea of what more to do. Anyone know how to solve this (stupid) problem?

Yours
    Kaisen

Hi! I bought FarCry yesterday! And I was eager to start playing it But I got this error message when trying to launch the game: Please login with administrator privileges and try again.
    The thing is, I am logged in as my admin user :s I tried to reinstall the game several times. I also created a new admin user. But still, I get this message :s I have no idea of what more to do. Anyone know how to solve this (stupid) problem?

Yours
    Kaisen

sorry was not the meaning to post it twice

marts123's Avatar Senior Member
    Is this your own machine and what are your spec's?

Hehe did'nt think you would need system specs to fix my problem but here they are Oh and btw, yes, it's my own computer.
    It's an EliteGroup G900 laptop. P4 3.2GhZ, 1GB Ram, 80gb HD, Radeon M11 128mb...
    My OS is Windows Xp SP2.
    Btw, I know this has something to do with just a simple setting in windows. I just don't know where to find it.

Another thing that might be useful info: When I want to share a file on the network, other computers need username and password to get the files from me. It's like the sharing thingy in Win 2k. You know what I mean?

Earlier today I installed Battlefield 1942. Got the same message :s But when I installed UT 2K4 it lauched instantly...

Yours
    Kaisen

Check out the user account's in control panel.Many many laptop's will not play farcry.Was that bf2 or just plain old bf.

hehe it was good old battlefield Btw, I'm able to run BF2.
    Is it because of the problem I'm having that FarCry won't run on most laptops?

what should I do in User Accounts? Create a limited account?

Yours
    Kaisen

If you see yourself there as the computer administrator and you have not changed anything in there all is good.That being ok I would wonder if your OS is in good form.If you havn't already,fly the attack copter's in bf2 without givin up too soon.

hehe atm I'm not able to run BF2 smoothly :s don't know why. But I think I'm going to reinstall my OS. Guess I got a bad install