ok i am looking for a new joystick again i was thiking of getting the saitek x45 but they dont even have it on there web site anymore then i looked at the x54 but sanity prevailed before i bought it .Now i was wondering about the saitek aviator does anybody here have one ?i know it is a cheap one but right now i have a st290 proso i was just wondering if the aviator is better than the st290 pro seeing as it is a new one

ok i am looking for a new joystick again i was thiking of getting the saitek x45 but they dont even have it on there web site anymore then i looked at the x54 but sanity prevailed before i bought it .Now i was wondering about the saitek aviator does anybody here have one ?i know it is a cheap one but right now i have a st290 proso i was just wondering if the aviator is better than the st290 pro seeing as it is a new one

The important question is how much do you like flight simming? The majority of us are heavily into it and have HOTAS set ups like the X45, X52 or CH Products and Cougars.

An X45/52 gives you a stick AND a throttle. With the right button assignments you would never have to use a keyboard to help you do all the things required for a true sim experience.

If you are just a casual simmer the Aviator would be okay.

If money is a concern try Saiteks reconditioned page.

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/recprod.html

This is the U.S. page. If you live elsewhere you'll need to check your relevent location.

Hallo pielkop,
    since about 15 years I play flightsims and in this time I used a lot of different joysticks like Thrustmaster / Logitech / Ch-Products / MS Sidewinder and so on.

Before I bought the Saitek equipment I use the MS Sidewinder FFB. It is an very good joystick together with an throttle like X-35 / X-45 oder X-52. Unfortunately here in Germany you can only buy old and used MS FFBs for horrible prices.

Therefore I changed to Saitek.
    I have now the Saitek X-52 / PC Dash2 since 7 month and at least the new Saitek rudder pedals.
    And this equipment rocks very very well and is not too expensive.

After spending a lot of time to find the right and best in game joystick slider settings I found it for my own:

My joystick slider settings are all 100 %; only the pedals toe brakes settings are a little curve.

And the deadzone of the X-52 stick I set to zero.

With this two settings I have everytime a excellent feeling with all the different planes of all different countrys in FB / AEP / Pacific Fighters.

Greetings
    Gerhard (offline-pilot-grandpa)

thanks lehnert maybe i wil just suck it up and get a x54but there is one more problem i am left handed but the joystick itself is not to uncomfortable to use left handed and i supose i can learn to use the throttle right handed .

vocatx's Avatar Senior Member
    CH Products Flight Sim Yoke and Pedals. Works great for me.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

4H_V-man
    The 2nd Horseman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pielkop:
    ...there is one more problem i am left handed but the joystick itself is not to uncomfortable to use left handed and i supose i can learn to use the throttle right handed . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. The throttle is ergonomically designed for the left hand. It will be pretty hard (if not impossible)to use the right hand for controlling it. Especially using the buttons. The stick might work however it is designed for the right hand, it has a notch for the right thumb which you couldn't use. It will be less comfortable if it is controlled with the left hand.

Hallo pielkop,
    I am sorry - but I must apply total to Yellow-Sub.

No. The throttle is ergonomically designed for the left hand. It will be pretty hard (if not impossible)to use the right hand for controlling it. Especially using the buttons. The stick might work however it is designed for the right hand, it has a notch for the right thumb which you couldn't use. It will be less comfortable if it is controlled with the left hand.[/QUOTE]

Greetings
    Gerhard (offline-pilot-grandpa)

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pielkop:
    thanks lehnert maybe i wil just suck it up and get a x54but there is one more problem i am left handed but the joystick itself is not to uncomfortable to use left handed and i supose i can learn to use the throttle right handed . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi pieklop, south paw...that can be a problem at times...all my kids are left handed...here is a ch option for you to consider

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3313<div class="ev_tpc_signature">