Cause I've never countered one. And I get countered very often even by the most pathetic of players.

How fast do you have to be to counter the stun?

Cause I've never countered one. And I get countered very often even by the most pathetic of players.

How fast do you have to be to counter the stun?

StarScream391's Avatar Banned
    Tap the kill button real fast.

There are NO counters. Kill trumps stun. The only way somebody is going to stun you is A. they use an ability(mute,smoke,charge) or B. the element of surprise(corner stun, behind perusuer).

I'm talking about situations when I want to stun my assassin (by surprise) and right when I'm about to punch him in the face, he rolls me over his shoulder and throws me to the ground.
    Isn't that what a counter means ?

Rainie's Avatar Senior Member
    only the target will see a counter-stun animation, to the hunter it will look like a regular kill

A 'counter' refers to something that beats something else. For example, you could say that 'water counters fire', since water beats fire. Similarly, sprint boost can be used to counter throwing knives and negate their effect.

The reason you see your pursuer roll you over his shoulder is this: he pressed the kill button at the same time as you pressed the stun button. Therefore, the kill will take priority and you will be killed. However, due to lag, your pursuer doesn't appear to be pressing the kill button until halfway through the stun animation- so the game compensates for this by flipping you over your pursuer. Note that from your pursuer's point of view it looks just like a normal kill.

oh wow, thanks, that makes sense now

However, what your pursuer sometimes sees is you go for a punch - like pull your arm back to wind up.

Whenever I see that happen I always think - "man he must be raging right now!"

Same with kills when i was smoke bombed or muted a fraction of a second too late

AntiChrist7's Avatar Senior Member
    the thing that most annoys is me is when i charge at my persuer, and he can kill me anywa. waste of an ability for nothing

Or when i see my target going for a charge, so i get out of the way, yet he gets me. (every time i try that i run past him)