Airmail109's Avatar Senior Member
    Just read an article in PC Gamer, where IL2 was mentioned, they interviewed a UBI representitive about how many free planes had been given away, and apparently the guy "lamented that they had given away over 50 free aircraft", PC Gamer also went on to say something along the lines that no one in the IL2 community really appreciated the free aircraft and they took it for granted. So im going to say thanks Oleg! Ill always buy your products, I have the feeling when BOB comes out it will be the end of an era and we will never see so many free planes again.

SO I reckon we should all E-mail Ubi and Oleg saying thankyou so they treat us nicely in the future......

Just read an article in PC Gamer, where IL2 was mentioned, they interviewed a UBI representitive about how many free planes had been given away, and apparently the guy "lamented that they had given away over 50 free aircraft", PC Gamer also went on to say something along the lines that no one in the IL2 community really appreciated the free aircraft and they took it for granted. So im going to say thanks Oleg! Ill always buy your products, I have the feeling when BOB comes out it will be the end of an era and we will never see so many free planes again.

SO I reckon we should all E-mail Ubi and Oleg saying thankyou so they treat us nicely in the future......

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Ubi laments?!

Ubi laments?!?!

With the stuff they have messed up, they have the guts to lament anything concerning this sim?

With the restrictions they put on Oleg concerning the PF CDs, and the *ahem* other screwups in PF that are their fault, they lament?

I really have to admire them for their guts

I personally remember the days of zero support from game developers, and I appreciate every free add-on and update and patch we get

PC Gamer probably polled some players that would give them the response they wanted to get. Always be very leary of polls, they can be manipulated. I can "prove" Santa Claus either exists or doesn't exist, if I poll the right people.

Sounds to me like PC Gamer is making itself a little drama

Maybe PC Gamer is jealousy

Anyway, big to Oleg and team with this game

I can see where theyre coming from though, we get tonnes of free stuff and yet people still ***** and moan LOL oh well.....I was a bit dissapointed with no rockets for the mossie....so im guilty LOL! LOL chuck.

I have to agree with Aimail101 here. You can`t blame UBI really. There are MANY, MANY people who`re really appreciative of the Patches and free add-ons we`ve been getting for years, but there are the LOUD uappreciative sort who take, without thanks, then scream like little chicks for more or whine incessantly.

The bad always overwhelms the good and this is why I always talk up for the sim and constantly get called a `fan-man`.

I just hope that some of those who do not appreciate what they get might just see that there are people in UBI whoare obviously getting a little `annoyed` and this could mean that sooner or later, the free Addons could dry up, meaning nothing or PAY-TO-GET!

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    I like 1C:Maddox Games...but I think Ubi makes a lot of mistakes

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    At ~200 flyable aircraft, around 50 of which we never paid for, I'm inclined to agree that there is far too much whinging and not enough thanks.

I don't think it's a black and white issue. You can be very appreciative of receiving such free add-ons as we have received, and still be disappointed in performance, or lack of inclusion, or whatever your personal beef may be.
    I think in the wash it comes out as us as a community being unappreciative, but I also think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who says that they aren't appreciative of the upgrades. Honestly, who turns their nose at such thing? No one!

So, Thanks Oleg and crew! You've done a fantastic job over the years. If I ever make it to Moscow, there is a bottle of Vodka with your name on it!

csThor's Avatar Senior Member
    I must second Chuck. If Maddox Games lamented I'd be fine with it (as it would be far too true). But Ubi should lower their heads in shame, stroll over to the next corner and think about their mistakes for ... uh ... let's say ten years.

After the stuff they've screwed up (PF development, information policy turned into some secretive need-to-know basis, initial refusal to publish "russian addons" ... Do I have to go on??) they should be the last to even make a sound.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►