hello,

I mean to biy a joystick and to save the need of bying some rudder pedals, is the Joystick Logitech Freedom 2.4 a good choice?

Thanks

hello,

I mean to biy a joystick and to save the need of bying some rudder pedals, is the Joystick Logitech Freedom 2.4 a good choice?

Thanks

No. Stay away from Logitech unless you have absolutely no choice.

Look into a Thrustmaster Afterburner II - affordable HOTAS with all you need.

If I were you I would pick up a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Sidewinder from Go Gamer. Microsoft stopped making them several years ago and they are one of the finest sticks ever made. Go Gamer apparently came upon a supply of them recently. They have a twist rudder and force feedback.

http://www.gogamer.com/searchresults.htm?keywords=Joyst...yId=444710&x=33 &y=18

na85's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzybee:
    hello,

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Logitech and it works ok.

But you should stay away from wireless joysticks in general.

I own a Logitech Freedom 2.4, and used it with some satisfaction for a couple of years. The lack of cables was a real pleasure, but the precision and stability were only average.

My new Saitek 52 Pro gives me much more stable targets and an absolute accuracy of pointing. With the Freedom on the contrary the targets were bouncing and leaping worser -- a good training indeed but quite annoying.

Moreover the pots should be quite cheap, because the rudder goes now only to some 80% of the full left range.

The 3 alcaline batteries lasted some 3 weeks of moderate usage.

MY CONCLUSION: go for the Freedom only if you have a really crimped desk, or if you're an occasional player, who wants a clean desk and accepts to sacrifice a littl bit of precision.

Regards,
    Insuber

PS: do a search on this forum and you will find tens of threads about joysticks.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I recommend that you not rule out rudder pedals down the line and that you also stay clear of Logitech. Try this site for a Saitek reconditioned stick. Also hit the Nugget's Guide in my sig.

na85's Avatar Senior Member
    Ultimately, it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

The Saitek sticks tend to be on the "loose" side in terms of tension, whereas the logitechs are usually quite stiff.

if you are agressive fighter pilot and spending lots of time flying dont buy logitech, microsoft joystics very good if you want to get away without rudder pedals...
    i couldnt manage saitek, but i know some very good virtual pilots using saitek very succesfully...
    but in my opinion ch stick, pedals and throttle is the way to go...

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    If you must, you can get racing wheel with pedals. Not expensive and walk into almost any big consumer electronics store and see them. Designed for racing, its not at all perfect for The Sims, but its...well...until I got my racing pedals, I could never line up for a good strafing attack. Its not so bad. Small pedals though, best play with shoes off. Socks are okay.