Well last night I finally got bored and dl installed and used hyperlobby.

for the peeps who haven't.... It's E A S Y. you just connect, look at the servers and click one to get more info, like realism settings. I tried war clouds for a minute, then red something or other because warclouds didnt have padlock, and I like padlock.

well I flew a few times, stalled out 9 meters off the ground once, got pilot killed once, got shot up by machine gun fire, holes thru my canopy, lost an aileron and went down, did an inverted loop a little too low and smacked the ground.

And I generally flopped around on the ground for awhile trying to launch while dodging fire.

I do have one question ....

why could i chose from every plane? I could be LW and fly a la5fn or a USA/raf and fly a fw.

also, i could chose from planes from every time period. I saw all different kinds of planes in the air, from '39 models to my '44 g-10.

why is it like this? I thought servers had like a time period and everyone flew planes from that period. guess that's what I get for thinking.

At this point I'm not sure if I like it. I probably need some more practice offlilne fIrst. Was easy to oget in a game though.

Are there many co-op missions online? also, from hl how can you tell if a server uses teamspeak?

--------------------------------------------
    Athlon 3200+ / 2x512 corsair c2pt 3200LL / radeon X800 Pro / Audigy 2 ZS / WinXP / Saitek X45
    p4c 3000 -800/ abit ic7/2x512 corsair twin x LL/ bfg 6800u /audigy platinum/ winxp ch fighter stick and usb throttle.

Well last night I finally got bored and dl installed and used hyperlobby.

for the peeps who haven't.... It's E A S Y. you just connect, look at the servers and click one to get more info, like realism settings. I tried war clouds for a minute, then red something or other because warclouds didnt have padlock, and I like padlock.

well I flew a few times, stalled out 9 meters off the ground once, got pilot killed once, got shot up by machine gun fire, holes thru my canopy, lost an aileron and went down, did an inverted loop a little too low and smacked the ground.

And I generally flopped around on the ground for awhile trying to launch while dodging fire.

I do have one question ....

why could i chose from every plane? I could be LW and fly a la5fn or a USA/raf and fly a fw.

also, i could chose from planes from every time period. I saw all different kinds of planes in the air, from '39 models to my '44 g-10.

why is it like this? I thought servers had like a time period and everyone flew planes from that period. guess that's what I get for thinking.

At this point I'm not sure if I like it. I probably need some more practice offlilne fIrst. Was easy to oget in a game though.

Are there many co-op missions online? also, from hl how can you tell if a server uses teamspeak?

Athlon 3200+ / 2x512 corsair c2pt 3200LL / radeon X800 Pro / Audigy 2 ZS / WinXP / Saitek X45
    p4c 3000 -800/ abit ic7/2x512 corsair twin x LL/ bfg 6800u /audigy platinum/ winxp ch fighter stick and usb throttle.

aint flyin online fun!

You will find that hyberlobby servers are custom by each host. They control what planes each airfield can have, if icons are on or off, cockpit on or off, etc.

No way to know if TS is on until you get into server as far as I know.

Just keep trying differnt servers and looking for settings and planesets that you like. You can alway design your own custom map and host if you have a good connection speed.

There are lots of coops online in hyperlobby, seems to have taper off a little through the years but still always some arounnd. And again coops are custom too so no telling what you will get for planes and settings but usually coops are more historically accurate.

FYI, I still get crushed online and its been awhile for me. I guess its part of the fun of it all.

BlitzPig_johann

It's generally like that on the dogfight servers. More like air-Quake than a WW2 flight sim.

The best real life-type servers are GreaterGreen and WarClouds. Both on HL. Warclouds has a dedicated TS server for you to use while online. The links and IP for the server are in the message line when you log on through HL. Great bunch of regulars in there that'll help you out.

Other than that I'd recommend joining an online war like Forgotten Skies for the best experience. It's a mission based realistic thing rather than just a DF free-for-all. TS is mandatory for Forgotten Skies.

And join a squadron if you haven't already. Ours can be reached at my email...sabredog@verizon.net

Need any help, just ask.

S!

I often think the whole world is out to get me, but then I remember that some of the smaller nations are neutral.

58th AVG "WannaBees" ...We fly where the angels fear to tread!

Hi,

UK-Dedicated has a mixture of maps, some historic, some not. It's not cockpit on but you are most welcome.

Oh, and don't worry about online performance - it takes a lot of practice...but don't give up. Also, it's a good idea to practice offline but it's no substitute for human opponents.

Cheers,
    Norris

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam :
    http://cabinessence.cream.org/

: More irreverence :
    http://www.tvgohome.com/

: You've seen them... :
    www.chavscum.co.uk

'Bugs? What bugs?'
    'AAA steals online kills, crash landing if good landing but out of fuel, muzzle flashes, kill given for planes that have landed OK, AI steals offline kills, gauges not working, Spitfire never overheats, FW190 view, P63 damage model, weird collision modelling...'
    'Yeah, but look on the bright side - at least the 0.50s are fixed!'
    Moral: $$$ + whining = anything is possible

No kidding! I rack up the kills offline, but have my rearend handed to me so often online that I installed velcro to it for easier reattachment.

I often think the whole world is out to get me, but then I remember that some of the smaller nations are neutral.

58th AVG "WannaBees" ...We fly where the angels fear to tread!

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    the more you practice, the better you'll become. If you want historical planesets, look around for different dogfight servers. Also, HL has a number of different rooms. Might I suggest you sign up for the VOW or VWF or the VEF? They are virtually re-enacting the air battles over Normandy, the Eastern front, Finland, the Pacific, you name it... there's tons of stuff to do online, and it's one hell of a lot of fun.

Boosher

bazzaah2's Avatar Senior Member
    as people have been saying, keep it up! Try different servers to see which style you prefer.

Practice, practice, practice and you'll soon find that you're doing pretty well!

Crashing online as :FI:SpinyNorman

I'll reiterate what the others have already said. Keep at it and regardless of which server you decide to try, get a wingman if at all possible. Coms make it much more effective, but certainly aren't a necessity.

At greatergreen, we have a map rotation that covers most years and planesets are always historically accurate with decent ground objectives for the mudmovers. On our server, "Blue" team is always Axis and "Red" team is always Allied.

Drop by anytime, but please do yourself (and your team) a favor and read the brief. The target coordinates and team objectives are listed there and can greatly simplify the navigation to the target areas.

TB

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2

thanks for the tips and encouragement. that VOF / VEF / vwf sounds cool, where do I get more info?

I tried the greater green last night too, the realism settings were one checkmark too much for me.

I also looked at the uk dedicated, but the ping was 165 and the realism was a lillte too lax.

I have a wingman, but he's from the UK and If I want to play at 9 pm he has to wake up at 5 am.

I will look into virtual air wars and maybe look for a squadron. I'm MWC though and not very reliable.