leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Quite frankly, at this stage of computer game design anything attempting to show human beings in mass action will look stilted and phony---that's a given. I had already lamented the clean battlefield in my first post. Kindly spare the avuncular condescension---it ain't "our" game, we're just buying it.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
    The planes sound EXACTLY like Il2 planes to me. Not my cup of tea - so I will never be buying it. But if it were my cup of tea I think it looks sterile and arcadish too boot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Consider that whatever they used to record that more than likely does not do the actual in game look and sound justive.. although I thought it sounded nice.. and I don't think the planes sounded like IL2 either... That sounded like stereo to me.. We shall see thats for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
    The planes sound EXACTLY like Il2 planes to me. Not my cup of tea - so I will never be buying it. But if it were my cup of tea I think it looks sterile and arcadish too boot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm ashamed to say I must be setting my bar too low I looking forward to the release of TOW, and by supporting this genre perhaps we'll see it develop into something greater. I still remember what those early flight sims looked like

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AVG_WarHawk:

I'm ashamed to say I must be setting my bar too low I looking forward to the release of TOW, and by supporting this genre perhaps we'll see it develop into something greater. I still remember what those early flight sims looked like </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pre-ordered mine and can't wait too. I'm also looking forward to the PT Boat game. I used to play a lot of Apache Longbow and I can see that being along those lines.

I thought it's been mentioned that Maddox wants to tie all these new games together in an online war. Or maybe it was just a dream.

I also remember those early flight sims and not believing how great they looked.