Hi, I haven't been able to play on any Far Cry 2 servers for the last few days. It's showing 9999 ping on all of the servers.

I'm pretty sure I'm patched to the latest version of Far Cry 2 because I was playing online less than a week ago.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
    -Neil

Hi, I haven't been able to play on any Far Cry 2 servers for the last few days. It's showing 9999 ping on all of the servers.

I'm pretty sure I'm patched to the latest version of Far Cry 2 because I was playing online less than a week ago.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
    -Neil

BUMP. Comon I really need to figure this out.

You have ports blocked on your router. There's a thread here that lists the ports.

I just opened all of the ports. I opened ports:

3050-3059,3121-3131,1560,9000-9004,3216 UDP & TCP

No luck.

I just uninstalled Far Cry 2 and now I am reinstalling it and updating the patches. If I'm still unable to join servers I will let you know.

-Neil

After reinstalling the game, I wasn't able to join any servers because all of them still say 9999.

I went into the "My Games" folder in my "My Documents" folder and deleted everything inside. I reloaded the game. For some reason, there are some files located on my drive that Far Cry 2 uses because it retained my keyboard configs and graphic settings. I want to delete those files because they might be interfering.

After deleting the data in my Far Cry 2 folder in the "My Games" folder, I was still unable to join any servers because they all say 9999 ping.

This is really ****ing me off! Will a dev please respond. I paid retail value for this game and I expect some ****ing multiplayer.

-Neil

You aren't running a VPN (Virtual Private Network) are you? as that has to be disabled to get onto the servers.

Well, I just restored my computer using Acronis and reinstalled Far Cry 2. I am now able to join Far Cry 2 servers.

I think it was Hamachi interfering all along. I'm pretty sure Hamachi is a VPN so... yeah to answer your question, it was probably a VPN issue.

Glad to have sorted that out, thanks for anyone that tried to help.

-Neil

Yep Hamachi is a VPN and was the cause. I ran into the same issue. ha

Glad you got it running though and hope to see you in game.