well , did UBI leave the patch FTP unlocked by accident or what ?

I image people are off for the holidays. Probably nothing more than that.

I agree, Badsight. Until crazyivan posts an official thread announcing the 3.03 or 3.04 release, or it's announced on the website, I'm not downloading that file.

I'm particularly suspicious, as I've read that the 3.03 going around has no il2_new.exe if you do a clean install 3.00 -> 3.03 .

I'm sure it's nothing. But I'm not downloading it either. Strange that the announcement came from someone not official. At least not obviously official (even with 1400 some odd posts). I'll wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
    I agree, Badsight. Until crazyivan posts an official thread announcing the 3.03 or 3.04 release, or it's announced on the website, I'm not downloading that file.

I'm particularly suspicious, as I've read that the 3.03 going around has no il2_new.exe if you do a clean install 3.00 -> 3.03 . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new exe came as a seperate optional patch in an earlier beta release. I suspect no changes have been made to this file in the recent patch hence no additional exe in this patch. If you have updated to 3.03 from 3.0 I would be willing to bet that if you were to download the 'new exe' patch that it will still work just the same as it did before.

Still its a judgement call and I doubt Ivan or any one else is gona loose any sleep over this during the christmas period. Go get drunk by the time you sober up it will probably have been sorted.

that would be because it's not officially released yet....just some users hawking the ftp spotted it and posted it here....

no dedicated server yet so the hosts who are using it by renaming the files WILL have issues with crashes etc....they'll also start complaining how bad a patch it is and unstable

So users are camping out in front of the FTP site ? I can imagine them in a queue wrapped in blankets and hot cocoa lining up for Springsteen tickets ha ha !

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    Easy enough to set up a lot of FXP/FTP clients to auto-download anything new that appears on the site. It may be surprising to some but if you don't want thousands of people to go and download a file, just don't stick it on a public anon ftp.

OK, Stop the presses!!!!!!! Someone fill me in on what the heck is going on around here. Now that most of the holiday madness is over I can get back to PF. But I find myself very confused. The main site say nothing about 3.03 being out, there's no mention of it in the game update section but I 'hear' people talking about it. Have I or they had too much eggnog?

Wel, I read a post and explanation of this from Oleg on the day it came out. Didn't any of you see it??

In it he explained that the new_exe was needing more development and would be included in 3.04. He also stated that the new_exe WOULDN'T work in any of the 3.03 versions. Then he talked about the various new stuff in 3.03 and then wished us a Merry Christmas.

So how come all you guys are ****ging away? Still drunk from Christmas? LOL