Just wondering if anyone had any idea. Haven't been paying attention lately.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea. Haven't been paying attention lately.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_ander:
    Just wondering if anyone had any idea. Haven't been paying attention lately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums-de.ubi.com/groupee/for...2/m/1731044253

And for those of you who don't speak German, they're estimating a release date of mid-late 2007.

and these estimates are made out of personall infos giving from maddox.

That's only my personal opinion, but i find it highly unlikely that BoB will come out in more than 7-8 months. After 4.02 there will be one last patch only, for which for some reason they seem to want to hurry up. If the mid 2007 estimation were justified then we would witness the unbelievably foolish behaviour by 1C to not support a game for 2 years and still expect the same people to buy their new one. Either that or there need to be more content-rich updates after 4.1, which has already been ruled out.

Btw i know that Amazon is never accurate, but never 2 years off either.
    Amazon: 1 Jan 2006.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001D1RN0/qid.../026-0183448-4972418

and don't forget that the really big thing, the new FM has already been beta tested by all of us . Now it's a matter of fine-tuning that FM and finishing the rest of the game, with almost everyone in the team working on that, which is what Oleg told us.

Wow. Somewhere between 1/1/06 and late 07. That's some window.

alert_1's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe that mid-late 2007 is about right. Such complex and hig quality sim is to take 3-4 years to develop and test.It sound normal to me...

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member
    "If the mid 2007 estimation were justified then we would witness the unbelievably foolish behaviour by 1C to not support a game for 2 years and still expect the same people to buy their new one." posted by neural_dream

They will buy. I expect Olegs next generation sim to set a new standard in combat flight sims. You don't have to buy it, your loss.

Oleg has supported and updated Il-2 for 4 years and I suspect it will be supported by him or a 3rd for a couple of years to come. If it doesn't, its still had a great run, and will be still be on peoples PC's for years. Personally I hope Oleg moves on exclusively to BOB and other theaters on the new engine.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    They will buy. 1939 Poland and France will be the first additions to BoB And Beyond, and Oleg said he would like someday to make Spanish Civil WAR. If so and he keeps this up, Oleg may create the first mass international interest in combat flight sims.