I've been messing around with the QMB lately and setting up situations where some weather exists that might make things interesting. But my question is:

Can you successfully hide in the clouds to evade the AI fighters? From my experience, it doesn't seem so. They are relentless in their pursuit of me, regardless of the weather, and it seems like they are all equipped with the latest TCAS radar.

I've been messing around with the QMB lately and setting up situations where some weather exists that might make things interesting. But my question is:

Can you successfully hide in the clouds to evade the AI fighters? From my experience, it doesn't seem so. They are relentless in their pursuit of me, regardless of the weather, and it seems like they are all equipped with the latest TCAS radar.

no, unfortunately you can't.
    It would be a great addition to the sim, seeing as nothing chaps my caboose more than getting hit with 20mm cannon shells flying through a cloud bank, but i expect it's going to be in BOB (Oleg's next sim)

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually....since PF 3.0"something".......I've been able to lose them in the clouds often.......Gunners a different issue though.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah I noticed that too.... not always but often enough to try it as a tactic. I notice a lot of it depends on how close they are to you. If they are far away often it doesnt work... as it shouldnt.. but if they are a bit closer and you break at an angle that is divergent enough from your original flight path you can often loose them. But again.. like Billfish said... the gunners have radar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Catandra:
    I've been messing around with the QMB lately... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OT: The QMB is fun and all but if you give the Full Mission Builder a go, you'll never look back.

Just a thought in passing.

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flying_Nutcase:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Catandra:
    I've been messing around with the QMB lately... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OT: The QMB is fun and all but if you give the Full Mission Builder a go, you'll never look back.

Just a thought in passing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you suggest a place to get started to learn the FMB? A tutorial of some sort perhaps.

bird_brain's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Dubbo:
    Can you suggest a place to get started to learn the FMB? A tutorial of some sort perhaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mission Building FAQs

Mission Building Idiot's Guide

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Dubbo:
    Can you suggest a place to get started to learn the FMB? A tutorial of some sort perhaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on the signature in the post just above yours.

AI does see through clouds, but like Bearcat99 and Billfish says, there`s been some cases where I`ve mysteriosuly lost AI that was definitely tracking and chasing me.

I suspect that Oleg`s been experimenting with this, but hasn`t quite got it right, so he`s aborted the idea and, as is his style, not bothered to say anything about it in the Readme.

If you really want to see blind AI in clouds, try Rowans BOBII wov. I must say it`s a new level of dogfighting when you finding youself playing `hide and seek` with a 109!