Remember the Mistel? The TB3 Sveno with it`s I16s underneath? Even the doodlebug?

Does anyone ever use them? Perhaps for the mission builders maybe...

But those of us hoping to see these things in a campaign were to be dissappointed. Never was a DYNAMIC Campaign created where we could be a part of the TB3 combo either as the underwing I16 or the TB3 carrying the I16 itself.

Oleg said we`d be able to fly the TB3/I16 Sveno offline when I asked him, but I never realised it would be in a couple of linear - non dynamic missions. I meant (and said) for Campaigns. The language/understanding problem again maybe.

Never did we have any dynamicmissions where we may have to tackle and shoot down Doodlebugs in Campaign (in the Western Front campaign add on). You had plenty in European Air War.

Never do we get a chance to take up a Mistel even in the odd `one off` mission in Campaign.

Yes, we can fly a single mission as with the TB3, but then it`s done and the thrill of doing it isn`t the same if not part of an ongoing war...

Even ONline, it`s extremely rare to see a Mistel or an I16/TB3 combo. In fact I saw an online TB3 combo maybe once and a Mistel never.

But my focus is really for the offline crowd. These aircraft are next to useless for them.

All I ask is that Oleg makes a little effort to allow some of these unique planes a proper run (at least appearing sometimes) in the dynamic Campaign. Starshoy please take note (though I have sent messages to him as well, with, as usual, no response).

Remember the Mistel? The TB3 Sveno with it`s I16s underneath? Even the doodlebug?

Does anyone ever use them? Perhaps for the mission builders maybe...

But those of us hoping to see these things in a campaign were to be dissappointed. Never was a DYNAMIC Campaign created where we could be a part of the TB3 combo either as the underwing I16 or the TB3 carrying the I16 itself.

Oleg said we`d be able to fly the TB3/I16 Sveno offline when I asked him, but I never realised it would be in a couple of linear - non dynamic missions. I meant (and said) for Campaigns. The language/understanding problem again maybe.

Never did we have any dynamicmissions where we may have to tackle and shoot down Doodlebugs in Campaign (in the Western Front campaign add on). You had plenty in European Air War.

Never do we get a chance to take up a Mistel even in the odd `one off` mission in Campaign.

Yes, we can fly a single mission as with the TB3, but then it`s done and the thrill of doing it isn`t the same if not part of an ongoing war...

Even ONline, it`s extremely rare to see a Mistel or an I16/TB3 combo. In fact I saw an online TB3 combo maybe once and a Mistel never.

But my focus is really for the offline crowd. These aircraft are next to useless for them.

All I ask is that Oleg makes a little effort to allow some of these unique planes a proper run (at least appearing sometimes) in the dynamic Campaign. Starshoy please take note (though I have sent messages to him as well, with, as usual, no response).

xTHRUDx's Avatar Senior Member
    we have a few maps in our Greater Green rotation that use the parasites.

Agreed!

No more planes until we can use what there already is!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
    Agreed!

No more planes until we can use what there already is! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says who?

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm working a DC that will include TB~3/I~16 Stack--includes everything available for Eastern Front and then some (SBD makes somewhat passable Flyable Su~2). It won't be ready until after BoB is releaced, so don't wait. And it will probably run under DOS window to generate mission text file, and you use text file to set up campaign info. I don't have any Windows programming tools right now (I do have old DOS 32bit Fortran compiler).

Its gonna be cool though. Primary Features are...

Once you Choose side, German or Russian, if you get killed or captured, you get "reincarnated" as Newbie gunner. You work your way back to pilot, if you survive. The longer you have been gunner, the closer you are to being pilot again, so you have incentive to survive as gunner. As pilot, you have incentive to live, unless you want to be gunner again. But you also have incentive to be aggressive, as you are a small part of a larger war around you and you have an effect on the outcome as much as any other single AI aircraft or AI aircrew. These two contradictory incentives is kinda what the real pilots faced I guess.

You get assigned aircraft even if you don't want it. After you graduate from gunner again, you may get assigned fighter or bomber, or even recon (Recon will be important for campaign as missions are generated based on intelligence). This may require you to learn and fight with aircraft you don't like. You can Whine and request transfer to another unit with different aircraft, but nothing is for sure -- the better you Score or longer you survive, the more weight you have.

Option for Barbarossa in July 1940, Hitler turns East instead of wasting German Air Force on England, and Bf~110C is still considered the Elite of the Luftwaffe and faces 1940 Soviet fighters and NO YAKS NO LAGGS NO MIGGS.

If we get more Italian planes, you can Choose Italian side. Option for Japan to attack Soviet Union in late 1940 or early 1941.

Still thinking of making an Axis Option where if you are lost as Italian pilot for example, you get re~born as Italian, Japanese, or German gunner, depending on the breaks. Or you just Choose on country to fly for.

Camnpaign AI will decide if Germany can bomb Ural mountains...see Hitler's Barbarossa Directive #21 which calls for bombing Soviet industry after German Army reaches Volga river in northern USSR far beyond Moscow. If German Army gets that far (map issues of course, must make do), and if you fly Russian, you may get MiG~3U available for your side (you must get assigned to it though, most likely you get Yaks).

Weird Option...if you are interested being available for flying Ki~46 Recon missions, you can use unarmed P~38, maybe with some throttle settings disabled. Stuff like that.

Honestly, I am only doing basic research now, and dont' want to start programming it all until Oleg gives up on FB. For example, will the Test Runways be Patched out of the sim? I want to use them, but if they vanish, I have alot of wasted effort.

Stiglr's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, now you finally begin to realize what a complete waste of time and effort (not to mention indirectly keeping a lot of legitimate planes out of the sim) these boondoggles were...

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
    Well, now you finally begin to realize what a complete waste of time and effort (not to mention indirectly keeping a lot of legitimate planes out of the sim) these boondoggles were... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

used more often than 109g6 in coops i bet

coops with spb and mistel are usealy more fun too

You know Stiglr, I never ever saw you so much as lift a finger to try and help build those 'missing' planes.

The sim obviously hasn't gone down the tubes simply because there's no Do17/217 or flyable Pe-2 (and that's even changing soon). Sure they're nice, but the fact we're here proves the judgement call Oleg made to focus on other aircraft was a solid one.

I'd like to reiterate that part about you not doing a single thing to help add those planes. You know what? All you do is biatch and gripe. Either get cracking on building one of them, or do us all a favor and shut up.

Also--Seafire: because of the way the Mistel is done, they can't be used in multiplayer (I'm not sure about coops, they may work there).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
    Well, now you finally begin to realize what a complete waste of time and effort (not to mention indirectly keeping a lot of legitimate planes out of the sim) these boondoggles were... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I have to disagree. One of the core values of IL2 is precicely having all these lesser known planes rarely seen in western flightsims.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►