Hi all,

I'm finally able to move up to the IL-2 Complete DVD + PE2 from the original IL-2 Sturmovik, in the next few days, and I can't wait.

I'm a die-hard IL-2 (the plane) fanatic, but I'm not really seeing much in the way of IL-2 campaigns, other than the Straight and True campaign by one of the HH crew. Can anyone point me to any more campaingns flying the IL-2?

Thanks a lot,
    Chris

Hi all,

I'm finally able to move up to the IL-2 Complete DVD + PE2 from the original IL-2 Sturmovik, in the next few days, and I can't wait.

I'm a die-hard IL-2 (the plane) fanatic, but I'm not really seeing much in the way of IL-2 campaigns, other than the Straight and True campaign by one of the HH crew. Can anyone point me to any more campaingns flying the IL-2?

Thanks a lot,
    Chris

There are 2 Il-2 campaigns in the USSR pilot careers. Take a look here for lots of campaigns, should be able to find a few Il-2 ones there.

http://mission4today.com/index.php

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot, Low_Flyer.

I'd should have specified earlier, but I'm really looking for scripted, linear campaigns, because I'm not really a fan of dynamic campaigns ala DCG/DGEN.

Thanks again,
    Chris

In original IL-2 Sturmovik you have (good) stock IL-2 campaign. I will refly that one myself .

In Pe-2 add-on you have 20 mission IL-2 campaign too.

The one that comes with 4.05 is a ripper. Close to the front so short flights to the action. Do as they suggest and play with the highest rank with no icons and no map paths.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ace_Hyflyer:
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot,
    Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There haven't been very many recently. I've been strongly considering making a return to the IL-2 in a static campaign so maybe one day.

Thanks again fellows!

I'll be seeing you in the virtual skies sometime soon!

Chris