UQMG for PF - Huge Pic Preview 5 (Coral Sea 2 Map)

Again, I must apologize to the IL2/FB/AEP/PF community, however, my wife is to blame. She bought me a TrackIR3 for Christmas, so I don't seem to get anything done. Anyway, I had to do a lot of tweaking to the engine due to some bugs ("features") I found in the code; good news is that this UQMG should be the most stable ever when released. I have done so much to the engine I am bumping the version up to 5.x.x . There are some really neat features like the ability to set landing in a moving carrier as a requirement to complete mission. UQMG even takes care of making landing in a fixed carrier a valid objective for mission completion (something that is not even possible with the FMB - unless you are landing in a test runway).

Well, I really like the Online Coral Sea 2 map. It has a "Water World" feel to it... showing that the folks at Maddox games have a sense of humor. The locations are named after people we know, such as "Maddox International Airport" and "Starshoy's Airstrip". I venture to say they created this map specifically for DF arenas in which you could have an all Seaplane battle.

What I did is add some spice to that map by adding carrier groups as well as huge water-based naval stations with both concrete and steel test runways... so you can have huge water based Single, Coop, and DF arenas with Seaplane Spawning points, Runways AND carriers as Spawn locations.

I am proud to say I never took so much care in designing a map as this one. When UQMG is released, I hope you will enjoy the endless possibilities this map will offer for both offline and online play. For the curious, my PC is an Intel Pentium4, 2.53GHz, 1GB RAM, 128MB DDR AGP Radeon 9200, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick, and now, TrackIR3.

Also, to design the last mission below (there's a shot of UQMG as well), it took me 30 seconds to design it (clear grid, pick plane type - Stuka D-5 w/ SC1000, 3 planes in flight, add 5 clone flights for total of 18 planes, map, ground objects, objectives), then it took 4 seconds for UQMG to generate the mission; actually 3 missions, because when you create a mission, automatically a Single Player, a Coop, and a DF Arena mission gets generated. So about 40 seconds is what it took to generate the mission from scratch... if you wanted you could have it as a bare mission with only the landing strips and the targets... and of course, you could have added some enemy planes starting on air or at their base as well.

And yes, I'll integrate the new 3.03 features as well, as appropriate.

Here is a taste of things to come (to save space pictures are shrinked to 640x480 at 75% quality jpg):

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

Woof603's Avatar Senior Member
    Once again, a big, fat WOW!!!

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

Sounds like you enjoyed your Christmas this Year Uber Demon. TrackIR3... Very Nice!
    Water World is Fantistic... Great Job on the New Up-Date.
    I'll be waiting... But take Your time and Enjoy the Holiday's!
    Happy New Year Uber Demon!

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================

tsisqua's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh, My!

You da man!!!!!!!

UD, if thet TiR3 is giving you problems I'll take it off your hands. Just send it here

Thanks, Mate, and all kidding aside, you have no idea how excited I am about what you have accomplished!!!

Tsisqua

==================
    ... Continued from Above
    ==================

==================
    ... Continued Below
    ==================