I was just reading about the new US fighter and found this article:

F-22 bombs at supersonic speeds
    By Tim McLaughlin
    06/12/2006 2:20 pm
    Boeing and Lockheed Martin said Monday the F-22 Raptor recently showed its ability to release bombs at supersonic speeds during a test at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. Flying at Mach 1.5 and at 50,000 feet altitude, the F-22 released a 1,000-pound bomb and hit a ground target 24 miles away during a recent test, Boeing said.

How times have changed. It's fun to read about, but I still prefer old planes, and I think I always will. Just thought it made for a fun fact to know about the new joint strike/fighter.

I was just reading about the new US fighter and found this article:

F-22 bombs at supersonic speeds
    By Tim McLaughlin
    06/12/2006 2:20 pm
    Boeing and Lockheed Martin said Monday the F-22 Raptor recently showed its ability to release bombs at supersonic speeds during a test at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. Flying at Mach 1.5 and at 50,000 feet altitude, the F-22 released a 1,000-pound bomb and hit a ground target 24 miles away during a recent test, Boeing said.

How times have changed. It's fun to read about, but I still prefer old planes, and I think I always will. Just thought it made for a fun fact to know about the new joint strike/fighter.

The Joint Strike Fighter is the F35, not the F22 - which is btw referred to as the F/A-22, IIRC.

Very interesting that they have cracked that nut.. IIRC they always had problems with accuracy when dropping them over mach 1. 50K is pretty impressive also

I assume it was an LGB?

Lets try out what happens if we drop Megile from an F22s bomb bay at 1,5 Mach... aint gonna be nice

You're dangerous

Badsight-'s Avatar Senior Member
    its kill rate against Eagles , Falcons & Hornets prove its now the machine & not the pilot

basically its the safest fighter to be in , in a modern air war

Nothing is safe in the air when American troops have missiles, friendly or not!

OD.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OD_79:
    Nothing is safe in the air when American troops have missiles, friendly or not!

OD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! I resemble that remark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile_:
    You're dangerous </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bet - I'm unstoppable

To which your answer will be

BOOYA

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►