Hi y'all. I'm a newbie to the SC series. I assume my 7950GT card will play any SC game.

Down the road, in case I upgrade to a single nVidia 8 Class card, maybe even SLI... will every SC game work? Sorry if that has been answered, but the info here is a bit too advanced for me.

Thanx

jzorro's Avatar Senior Member
    Double Agent has problems with both lines of cards, but seems to have more issues with the 8000 series based on threads here. The other games should work.

Dynamic lighting in SC1 does NOT work with any recent cards (like my 6800LE). This means no flashlights nor searchlights. I dont know if this is also in SCPT. Also, newer cards like the 8000-series dont render the flashlight of SCCT SvM mode.

the only 2 splinter cell games that will work on a 8800 card are Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Single Player/Coop Mode and Splinter Cell Double Agent Multiplayer...

I agree. I have 8500 GT and have problem too. Maybe it can only support the listed graphic cards

Originally posted by scworld:
    Dynamic lighting in SC1 does NOT work with any recent cards (like my 6800LE). This means no flashlights nor searchlights. I dont know if this is also in SCPT. Also, newer cards like the 8000-series dont render the flashlight of SCCT SvM mode.
    PT is fine, beams and shadows are all the same.

Yea, on my older GF5500FX CT's light was fine, but on my GF6200LE CT's flashlight gives off a Z-bias problem and makes it impossible to use.