Hey guys,

I have a problem that i hope someone can help me with. My TrackIR stopped working and now im in need of a program to use to simulate mouse movement by using the hat switch on my Saitek joystick.

The only one i have checked out is FBviewplus 2.8 and it works but its not very smooth. I need something that can simulate the mouse as close as possible, so it at least feels a little like a TrackIR.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey guys,

I have a problem that i hope someone can help me with. My TrackIR stopped working and now im in need of a program to use to simulate mouse movement by using the hat switch on my Saitek joystick.

The only one i have checked out is FBviewplus 2.8 and it works but its not very smooth. I need something that can simulate the mouse as close as possible, so it at least feels a little like a TrackIR.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Google Joy to Key... find the version for your OS.

I think I tried using JoyToKey once and it was very confusing and not translated into English very well.

If it's troublesome for you, maybe try xpadder, I use it and I like it a lot.

What type of Saitek stick do you have? The SST software that came with my X52 already includes a mouse emulator. I would imagine any Saitek stick with a POV hatswitch is the same, isn't it? Have you checked at the Saitek forum?

Iirc IL2 have a function (F9?) that toggle the hatswitch from snap to pan. Or did I dream that?

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Someone already mentioned that the Saitek SST software will allow you to program hat switches as mouse. The SST programming manual is quite well written, you can get it at http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/manuals.htm

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    There are free programs to do with a webcam what TIR does.

Perhaps you can also troubleshoot your TIR with a webcam and see if it's just the hat lights
    that quit? It's very easy, IR LED's show up as white dots to webcam.

The best program to simulate mouse moviment with HAT is NewView. Superior to PAN?SANP - F9 of IL2.

http://war.by-airforce.com/downloads/newview.html

Sokol1

Uufflakke's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
    There are free programs to do with a webcam what TIR does.

Perhaps you can also troubleshoot your TIR with a webcam and see if it's just the hat lights
    that quit? It's very easy, IR LED's show up as white dots to webcam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do not mention "The Free Alternative" otherwise your post got edited or the thread got locked just as happened yesterday...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/6161074576