WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    Has anybody heard that the new operating system will not allow open GL to work correctly??
    Apparently Bill in his wisdom has decreed openGL as dead. Anybody know???? especially Oleg.

Cheers, Ibis.

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    Has anybody heard that the new operating system will not allow open GL to work correctly??
    Apparently Bill in his wisdom has decreed openGL as dead. Anybody know???? especially Oleg.

Cheers, Ibis.

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    Its early days yet, It won't be out for at least 1 more year so lets see what happens in that time.

Kocur_'s Avatar Senior Member
    So we have plenty of time to do something with that VISTA. I mean...N(ew)T(rouble), or (e)X(pect)P(roblems)

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    its probably on your local torrent site

did ponder about gettin it, dont think i will now

Ankanor's Avatar Senior Member
    A friend of mine tried it. He said it was more stable than XP Pro, even it feels that way. The new IE7 has tab browsing and looks better than the old one.
    Now the not so good stuff. This stability comes at 290 Mb RAM in idle mode. The minimum requirements are AFAIK 512 Mb and 1.5 CPU. Add to this the very limited possibility of customizing, shtutting down processes you don't need(and they have different names )

As he summarized: "I'm not buying another 512 for the good looks of Bill's new kid"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
    its probably on your local torrent site

did ponder about gettin it, dont think i will now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why bother, you can download it from Microsoft if you look in the right place

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm feature-locking my computing. I don't plan to make any more upgrades till 2010. I may get a tir3 though.

You won't get many new features with Vista. They already binned the biggest change which was a change to the core file structure. Vista looks like its going to be XP with a Mac OSX.4 skin over it.

Aaron_GT's Avatar Senior Member
    OpenGL support won't ship as a default part of Vista. But then the OpenGL support as default in Windows XP is poor. This doesn't mean that graphics card vendors won't supply drivers which include OpenGL. Given that OpenGL is used in a lot of first person shooters and it absolutely required for high end cards that support CAD then I think we'll see graphics card drivers with OpenGL support.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►