Here are my Myst IV problems:
    Months ago, a friend of mine lent me his copy of the game, and after a clean installation onto my Mac OSX (PPC, 10.4.11) the game worked, so I thought. Upon linking to Haven and exploring the forest, the game froze, however the ambient sounds kept running. The only way to quit the program at this point is to restart my computer. I looked on the web for some solutions, and found a free patch (v1.03) and quickly downloaded it. The game still froze at the same point after downloading and adding the patch to the game. thinking my problems had something to do with my friend's disk he lent me, i ordered another off of eBay. the brand new disks arrived, and I tested them to see if they solved the problem, but they didn't. The game still freezes at the same part in Haven. I have now resorted to re-installing the game, but an error occurred with the install, and I do not know where to go from here.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are my Myst IV problems:
    Months ago, a friend of mine lent me his copy of the game, and after a clean installation onto my Mac OSX (PPC, 10.4.11) the game worked, so I thought. Upon linking to Haven and exploring the forest, the game froze, however the ambient sounds kept running. The only way to quit the program at this point is to restart my computer. I looked on the web for some solutions, and found a free patch (v1.03) and quickly downloaded it. The game still froze at the same point after downloading and adding the patch to the game. thinking my problems had something to do with my friend's disk he lent me, i ordered another off of eBay. the brand new disks arrived, and I tested them to see if they solved the problem, but they didn't. The game still freezes at the same part in Haven. I have now resorted to re-installing the game, but an error occurred with the install, and I do not know where to go from here.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you uninstall the game before re-installing it?
    Where exactly in the forest did the game freeze?

I have tried uninstalling the game, which didn't quite work, because when I tried to re-install it, it says "could not run this script because the required resources were not found. -192"
    The game freezes in random parts of the forest. Sometimes I can advance 5-7 screens into the forest, but sometimes not even 4. It seems to be completely random. However it always freezes in the Haven forest, never anywhere else I've visited in the game.

Have you tried installing the no-DVD patch ?...

No-DVD patch and instructions...click here

The no-DVD patch is for the Windows version.