DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:
    So what is the point in life? i have to ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point in life is to die making a lot of noise, so we are remembered in an encyclopedia, or something.

Ah, and the stupid perpetuation of species. You know, giving life to other death-bound things.

Like it or not, that's what we have. Play your cards.

I'm not familiar with the tune...sounds like something Warren Zevon would do

wayno7777's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    This reminds me of a joke:

One guy sees a doctor, and is told to have a very short life expentance.

- So what can I do to live longer?

- Don't smoke, don't drink, don't eat anything sweet, salty, spicy or with any taste, don't have any sex at all, don't look at women, don't drive fast, don't go partying, don't go shopping, don't go cinema or theater, don't watch TV, don't dance, don't laugh, don't practice any sport, don't play anything, don't listen to music, don't have any fun at all. Just read the Bible, eat boiled vegetables w/o salt, drink water, sit down and stare at the horizon.

-And that'll make me live more years?

-No, but they will seem sooooo long to you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Good one!....

"I'm not familiar with the tune...sounds like something Warren Zevon would do"

I'm not sure who originally wrote it (maybe it's just an old anonymous folk song, or maybe it was hank williams...) but Jim Croce does a great cover of it on his "50th Anniversary Collection". I even think that version is very old, from when he was first starting out...

You can even have a quick listen here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002JPW/sr=8-4/qid=...427?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Track 4, Disc 1...

UV

A founding member of the RAF and survivor of the Battle of Jutland...wow!

Thankfully, I kicked that nasty nicotene monkey off of my back some years ago, but I'm up for the rest. I'll just substitute cigarettes with a few left-handed ones.

Also reminds me of a little joke:

Here's to the girl with the little red shoes,
    She spent all my money, she drank all my booze.
    She has no cherry, but that's no sin,
    She still has the box the cherry came in.

ba-doomp-boomp-!crash!

(Catcalls, boos, and finally crickets, heard throughout the forum after that one.)

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    I learned that song while on WESTPAC in the 70s, only it went:

"Cigareets 'n' saki 'n' wild, wild hosans,

"They'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane..."

Adapt & overcome!

cheers

horseback

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    What a century to remember.

And, he got a drink out of a Scot and that has to be some kind've record too.

ninagood9's Avatar Banned
    I tried to escape the word "cigarette" as much as possible, that was really an exhausting experience to quit smoking. I tried doing that cold turkey but failed, managed to kick the habit only thanks to disposable e-cig Sea Air Disposable and vaping.