I've scaned the forum and saw a tomeout thread, but it does not appear to adress my situation.

I get a time out after joining any game from the ready room. FB-AEP v2.04 loaded. Game plays fine in single player,TS is working ok - some echo. Running Win2000, ADM (system properties doesn't say which one a 7200?)1 gig RAM, 160 gigs in drives, Radeon 9600 card, sound blaster PCI 128.

Any suggestions on how to fix this timeout while joining prob would be greatly appreciated.

If this has been answered somewhere else already please direct me there if you would.

Thanks,

DRB_Canuck

I've scaned the forum and saw a tomeout thread, but it does not appear to adress my situation.

I get a time out after joining any game from the ready room. FB-AEP v2.04 loaded. Game plays fine in single player,TS is working ok - some echo. Running Win2000, ADM (system properties doesn't say which one a 7200?)1 gig RAM, 160 gigs in drives, Radeon 9600 card, sound blaster PCI 128.

Any suggestions on how to fix this timeout while joining prob would be greatly appreciated.

If this has been answered somewhere else already please direct me there if you would.

Thanks,

DRB_Canuck

How did you install AEP? Should be FB1.0 then AEP2.0 then AEP2.01 and then AEP 2.04. Was this the way you did it?

Yep that's what I did. FB, AEP thenpatched 2.01 then 2.04. :-(

DRB_Canuck

You are not able to join at all... or you get timeout while you flying

Some servers dont allow the default name to login. Change your call sign or if your using ASE change your player name in your game/options.

I don't get to join, it just times out.

I have a user name at ubisoft "DRB_Canuck"

is that what you mean by not using the default user name Gates123?

DRB_Canuck

What type of connection do you use, also do you use any kind of software or hardware friewall.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
    What type of connection do you use, also do you use any kind of software or hardware friewall. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DSL connection, no firewall. Norton running but squad mates have no probs with it.

Just reinstalled FB, then AEP, then 2.01 then 2.04. Same timeout message after tryig to connect to server.

Bummer :-(

DRB_Canuck

do you by any chance have two network cards in your computer ? maybe one to connect to your modem and one for your LAN ? or maybe connected to the modem by USB and have an onboard network adapter present ?
    if so you need to open il2setup.exe , go to the network tab and select your real (isp assigned) ip address from the drop down menu.
    if however there is no drop down menu listing different ip addresses then your problem is somewhere else