Being a fan of the game I though id chuck in a few ideas in as i seem to be having a brainstorming moment.

Firstly having the crew speak in german on a german U boat is a must for me, even if subtitles are an option. Not everyones cup of tea but the option would be nice as a german speaking in english just ruins the mood of the game.

Adding a few things from the well known films like music from Das Boot or similar missions like sneaking into neatral harbours for resupply from a liner at the risk of being inturned normally gets the tension going as well. Even mid sea refits where you get caught or attacked midway by plane or boat or other sub!

I sometimes play the game while watching the films which adds to the effect (yes im Sad! but you asked for ideas).

Having a longer incoming sound of artillary rounds and bombs before they impact would add depth to the play and some characters could start to panic and leave the ship causing flooding or cause them to be shot or restrained which you would hear and see in the game.

I really miss the load deafening engine sounds of destroyers as they pass over head and get fainter as they move away. All sounds being diffrent depending on the ship and its speed.

The addition of the two load clicks before the depth charge detanations go off would also be a plus. More creaking of the bulkheads as the ship goes down and the sound of rivets pinging out and people panic and cry.

The visable flooding of compartments with water fire or battery fumes is also a good idea with some compartments becoming inoperable due to flooding or casulties and gas masks having to be worn. Slow or Rapid flooding also being seen in game when you have to lock members behind bulhead doors to prevent further flooding and hearing them bang on the door as you seal it and it floods.

A diffrence is sea beds, with coral reefs, Iceberg's, sunk ships (Titanic) or staggered ledge drop offs to navigate or land on , add to the elements of luck when you get too badly damaged to surface and either find a way to repair or suffocate to death while still being depth charged.

Sinking in the game at the moment is too quick and leaves nothing to do to prevent it apart from pressing one button to see if it works. having the ability to send divers out for repair might be an idea.

You could even have a list of special underwater locations to visit or find that could add renown, eg Atlantis , secret gemran bases ect.

Also having mission where you deploy troops onto land for short periods and the ability to deploy divers from the ship and cut mines or sub nets away that are blocking you or have caught the ship up would be good, even in first person with the old search lights sweeping the water as you did so and the occasional shark to deal with.

Extra ability of sub development and secret artic bases would also be a thought. Having missions with experimental subs (nuclear) or even small two man subs dropping explosives under harboured ships after cutting your way through the underwater defences again would branch the game out more and allow for the mod community to get involved.

Have the outcome of the game(war) influenced by your actions. The History is finite but allowing players to change the ending makes the game unpredictable and more intresting as there is an achievable goal.

I know its been tried before but having the ability for players to be the destroyers or planes and try to destroy the sub is also a good co op way foreward. having a sub try and sneak past defenses or ships tring to defend a fleet has all sorts of map development potential.

Im waffling now as im tired but let me know what you think ?

Being a fan of the game I though id chuck in a few ideas in as i seem to be having a brainstorming moment.

Firstly having the crew speak in german on a german U boat is a must for me, even if subtitles are an option. Not everyones cup of tea but the option would be nice as a german speaking in english just ruins the mood of the game.

Adding a few things from the well known films like music from Das Boot or similar missions like sneaking into neatral harbours for resupply from a liner at the risk of being inturned normally gets the tension going as well. Even mid sea refits where you get caught or attacked midway by plane or boat or other sub!

I sometimes play the game while watching the films which adds to the effect (yes im Sad! but you asked for ideas).

Having a longer incoming sound of artillary rounds and bombs before they impact would add depth to the play and some characters could start to panic and leave the ship causing flooding or cause them to be shot or restrained which you would hear and see in the game.

I really miss the load deafening engine sounds of destroyers as they pass over head and get fainter as they move away. All sounds being diffrent depending on the ship and its speed.

The addition of the two load clicks before the depth charge detanations go off would also be a plus. More creaking of the bulkheads as the ship goes down and the sound of rivets pinging out and people panic and cry.

The visable flooding of compartments with water fire or battery fumes is also a good idea with some compartments becoming inoperable due to flooding or casulties and gas masks having to be worn. Slow or Rapid flooding also being seen in game when you have to lock members behind bulhead doors to prevent further flooding and hearing them bang on the door as you seal it and it floods.

A diffrence is sea beds, with coral reefs, Iceberg's, sunk ships (Titanic) or staggered ledge drop offs to navigate or land on , add to the elements of luck when you get too badly damaged to surface and either find a way to repair or suffocate to death while still being depth charged.

Sinking in the game at the moment is too quick and leaves nothing to do to prevent it apart from pressing one button to see if it works. having the ability to send divers out for repair might be an idea.

You could even have a list of special underwater locations to visit or find that could add renown, eg Atlantis , secret gemran bases ect.

Also having mission where you deploy troops onto land for short periods and the ability to deploy divers from the ship and cut mines or sub nets away that are blocking you or have caught the ship up would be good, even in first person with the old search lights sweeping the water as you did so and the occasional shark to deal with.

Extra ability of sub development and secret artic bases would also be a thought. Having missions with experimental subs (nuclear) or even small two man subs dropping explosives under harboured ships after cutting your way through the underwater defences again would branch the game out more and allow for the mod community to get involved.

Have the outcome of the game(war) influenced by your actions. The History is finite but allowing players to change the ending makes the game unpredictable and more intresting as there is an achievable goal.

I know its been tried before but having the ability for players to be the destroyers or planes and try to destroy the sub is also a good co op way foreward. having a sub try and sneak past defenses or ships tring to defend a fleet has all sorts of map development potential.

Im waffling now as im tired but let me know what you think ?

Another thought is an abandon ship option where you find yourself floating up to the surface in the sea waiting to be picked up by the enemy or even run down or strafed by them. Maybe your side get to you before the heat or the local sharks. The deeper you abandoned ship indicating how many crew survive and if they have boats or are just floating in the water. Again the shark issue as your in the water in first person mode could be developed.

Burning oil on the water from damaged or destroyed ships also a hazard if your in the water after or during a battle.

an in game resupply ship that can be called up

voice recognition comm controls

DarkOmen13's Avatar Member
    What i would really like to see i for them to really look at what makes SH3 what it is and keep it all, then add to it.
    Start by looking at the few parts that don't work well like the weather giving you 3 years storms so you can't do anything followed by more of the same. Fix those which should be easy now. I suppose i'm saying don't fix the parts that ain't broken.

D.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Highground_252:

The addition of the two load clicks before the depth charge detanations go off would also be a plus. More creaking of the bulkheads as the ship goes down and the sound of rivets pinging out .

The visable flooding of compartments with water fire or battery fumes is also a good idea with some compartments becoming inoperable due to flooding or casulties and gas masks having to be worn..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree

AvsDx's Avatar Junior Member
    cool ideas...
    I want see whales, dolphins, etc [do not want to degrade the performance of the game with whales etc, just want to see also other marine animals like my boat ]. Explosion my u-boat when destroyed! Very hard chasing when discovered by destroyers others boats (hard to escape). If my boat is 200 meters deep that he is as deeply as you are... I do not know if it would be interesting to find a friend train [convoy], manage to get the fuel 50% refilled and some ammo to deck guns and anti aircraft gun... change or hijack enemy submarine [mission]...

Real navigation, we need real navigation. Everything else in silent hunter games is simulated except navigation. Every sub is equiped with military precision gps locators with +-1mm deviation. You cant lost you bearings in storm/fog or extended time diving when evading hunters. Or drift away from your course.

There should be crew command to navigator check current longitude/lattitude position when surfaced. Depended on navigator skills. In poor weather condistion navigator calculates estimated travelled distance by speed of sub, and determines estimated location by course what sub has travelled. In failed you are lost/or dont know your exact position. You need to find land / shore where you can confirm your current location or meet friendly unit plane/ship, etc. There could be ring marker around sub icon what indicates possible location where your sub is. Ring size increases/decrease depening how good your navigator knows the sub location. When the ring size gets too large, you know you have to somehow get new location form stars/sun. (how my explanation makes sense). Navigator cloud allso give warnings whem he needs to check location. More exprienced navigator would stay in course much better than rookie.

These real navigation allso increases difficulty and excitement in hunt or convoys or single ships. When you cant be 100% sure about your own location.

(those who have played old game, B17 flying fortress flying simulator, knows how it adds excitement. When you try to find your position by looking landmarkes and reposition yourself back to right place.)