MichaelMar's Avatar Banned
    I gave up on the Fiat. After flying the plane for months, some good and soom bad, I ditched it.

Now I am getting ready for the add-on which suppose to include some nice Italian planes like the MC202, 205 and possibly the 200 models. An Italian bomber would be nice also.

So, which plane, in game now, is most like the MC202? I had been flying the KI-61KO and like it so far...seems the most 'like' the MC202 for me...might be wrong though.

Flying it is really fun and VERY challenging. With only two 50cals and two 303cals it makes for a nice T&B plane. Every shot needs to count and the closer the shot the better.

THX

I gave up on the Fiat. After flying the plane for months, some good and soom bad, I ditched it.

Now I am getting ready for the add-on which suppose to include some nice Italian planes like the MC202, 205 and possibly the 200 models. An Italian bomber would be nice also.

So, which plane, in game now, is most like the MC202? I had been flying the KI-61KO and like it so far...seems the most 'like' the MC202 for me...might be wrong though.

Flying it is really fun and VERY challenging. With only two 50cals and two 303cals it makes for a nice T&B plane. Every shot needs to count and the closer the shot the better.

THX

mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm not sure but I'd guess that flying a 109-F2 or F4 would be pretty close to the MC202/205. Flying the Kawasakis like you are now is closer to flying an Emil than an F2 or F4, as far as speed. So I'd fly a F2 or F4 to be closer to an Italian stallion in speed and handling. As I said, I'm not entirely sure though.

mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok, I just did some research and find that the 202
    is only a tad slower than the 109F2, and a hair faster than the Emil E7Z. So yes, flying the F2 would give you a good feel for the 202 when it comes. The MC205 will probably perform closer to the 109F4 or maybe even the 109G2, at least that's as good a guess as I can make about the 205!!

I'd agree that the 109F2 is the best bet. The Ki-61 has a noticeably better turn rate than the MC 202 and isn't as fast. The F2 is a little too fast but its turn rate is almost the same as that of the 202 and with the 15MM cannon instead of the 20MM in the F4, I'd be willing to bet that weapon effectiveness is about the same.

So many i know, germans has like Italy plane, esspecially with db engine, was count on par with f4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
    I'd agree that the 109F2 is the best bet. The Ki-61 has a noticeably better turn rate than the MC 202 and isn't as fast. The F2 is a little too fast but its turn rate is almost the same as that of the 202 and with the 15MM cannon instead of the 20MM in the F4, I'd be willing to bet that weapon effectiveness is about the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So would a 109f2 or f4 be better? Also, need to look at the guns. The MC202 had only two 50cals and two 303cals.

THX

the performance is more F2 - F4 is to good.

as looke and weapons related - its the Ki-61-Ko.

but propably soon, August/september, we will know

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
    but propably soon, August/september, we will know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said...

The 202 Flight capabilities had nothing to do with the Messerschmitts at all,apart from the DB601 engine,they were a completely different kind of plane,the turn rate of the Macchi was way better than the Fs,the Veltro was much more a handler than Fseries Me,only lacked in firepower,read about the Allied reports on captured Macchis,about the 205,well you better
    update your infos guys,it was a great fighter
    ;-) at low medium altitude,on par with Allied top horses,on higher altitudes the Fiat G55 was superior.
    None of teh actual planes in Il2 resemble the 202,the Ki61 is like the Mes very different from it.