LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Hi All;

Posting this here as I don't want to have to go to the 100's of websites related to the sime and post a plea......What I'm asking for is a non-Ubi website to host and become the official location for IL2-AEP-PF Squadron Registration much like IL2-Skins had become for plane skins.

I'd like to see the squadrons recognized and be even able to add the one I'm affiliated with. Unfortunately I'm assuming due to other obligations the Ubi site has not been able to deal with this minor issue.

So what other established & solid site administrator is interested in the task?

Hi All;

Posting this here as I don't want to have to go to the 100's of websites related to the sime and post a plea......What I'm asking for is a non-Ubi website to host and become the official location for IL2-AEP-PF Squadron Registration much like IL2-Skins had become for plane skins.

I'd like to see the squadrons recognized and be even able to add the one I'm affiliated with. Unfortunately I'm assuming due to other obligations the Ubi site has not been able to deal with this minor issue.

So what other established & solid site administrator is interested in the task?

Not actually sure what you are asking for here

We have a links directory that covers virtual squadrons if thats any use
    http://forums.netwings.org/links/browselinks.php?c=4

What I am looking for is the one "stable website" that wants to take on the yoke of responsibility as the focal point for squadron registration........Sounds easy but it's not.

It means dealing with disputes...(how many VMF-214's are there under various minor shifts in name)....
    It means having to take the time to verify establishment dates (I can say I've been around 20 years with the FB (Flying B*ttheads) but is it documented well enough that when a dispute arrises with 10 other FB squadrons claiming the moniker.....
    It means attending to removing defunct squadrons from the list and then dealing with old members who 10 years later claim it is there name even though never used.....
    It means when IL2-FB-PF fades out due to BoB and the like keeping the records for IL2, yet also showing what groups established for it carried over into BoB and dealing with the new BoB players that want to name jump the IL2 Squadrons.

On and on......Essentially a copyright judge, fair and impartial, flexible and able to create solutions for compromise, yet firm when the answer is clear. Stating "We at X website will take on this responsibility even though it is nothing more then a big headache dealing with petty people and complaints about a silly issue......Yet we will take it seriously realizing the only benefit is slightly boosted site traffic."

Lastly, attending to it in a timely fashion realizing at first there will be a flurry of activity to fill the database....So a huge time eater for a sim that is working its way out the door. Not just a "fill in the blanks and no matter what we'll add it to the list".

A big pain in the B*tt.......

Up to the task still?.......If so, make your announcement

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, that's a winning, volunteer-inducing argument if I ever saw one!

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    give me convenience or give me death

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetbuff:
    Well, that's a winning, volunteer-inducing argument if I ever saw one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have ever done anything for a web community then I'm sure you realize most ventures are a "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" sort of thing.....Dealing with a lot of ingrates for no payoff other then personal satisfaction......

However, better the big scare before hand so the community after committing doesn't suddenly find itself without a registration focal point once more.

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    Its a good idea similiar to cfs yellowpages, however it would be so much work being il2 squads change thier names every few weeks.

Ubi should actually do it with email submissions and have it on the front page of this site. We need someone who has the time keep it updated and someone to find interesting articles to keep the front page updated and interesting.

How about a sticky thread?

huggy87's Avatar Senior Member
    Well...
    I'm pretty sure the "flying ********s" moniker is safe anyhow.