eagleforlife1's Avatar Senior Member
    I have looked and haven't seen this posted anywhere. Apologies if I've missed it:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/557...x-exclusive-preview/

eagleforlife1's Avatar Senior Member
    I have looked and haven't seen this posted anywhere. Apologies if I've missed it:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/557...x-exclusive-preview/

Good find thanks for uploading

The Notoriety System is gone? But some gameplay leaked has showed it... I'm interested

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
    The Notoriety System is gone? But some gameplay leaked has showed it... I'm interested </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am still buffering this video(while typing this...net is dead right now, lol) but if notoriety system has been removed...then...how the hell will the templars attack our dens? I mean, they said if there is too much notoriety, our Assassin Dens will be under attack...

EscoBlades's Avatar Community Manager
    Sorry, but you can still become notorious, i managed to do so when i played through, and had to bribe some heralds to reduce my notoriety.

So i'm not quite sure what they meant there.

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
    Sorry, but you can still become notorious, i managed to do so when i played through, and had to bribe some heralds to reduce my notoriety.

So i'm not quite sure what they meant there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they might mean for the Ottoman guards, idk

AnthonyA85's Avatar Senior Member
    If the AC2/ACB noteriaty system is gone, they'd have to switch back to the AC1 system (which was a noteriety system of sorts, just a bit primitive.)

Otherwise the game will be like AC2\B where you're wearing the Constant Anomynity capes, and everyone ignores you = boring.

This interview with Darby McDevitt explains the new notoriety system and is the best interview I've read to date, with lots of other great details. He says the notoriety meter no longer works as a measure of how aware the guards are of you, but it measures how aware the Templars are of the Assassins' activities. When the notoriety meter gets full, that's when one of your dens will get attacked. But guards will always treat you with the same awareness -- the Ottoman guards will always be neutral and act like guards in the last 2 games when you have no notoriety, unless they are after you for a story reason. And the Byzantine guards will always attack you on site, like when you were notorious in the last 2 games. You can lure them into fighting each other as well, and you can tell them apart on the mini-map by yellow dots for the Ottoman guards and red dots for the Byzantine guards.

The change will take some getting used to for me, but I think I like it. You'll have to be more aware when you're in the city and avoid the Byzantine guards or hide from them when they're around. It seems like it would make things more difficult, and more interesting than going through the constant back and forth loop of being notorious and then anonymous, since you can experience both effects at the same time. It also seems like as you take and hold more dens, you'll decrease the presence of hostile Byzantine guards, so you won't have to worry about them as much as you take over the city. And if you get notorious and let dens get retaken by the Templars, the Byzantine guard presence will increase again and have a similar effect as making you more notorious to city guards in the past games.

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    Twenty glyphs: yes, when you take dens, the area does indeed replace the guards with the more cooperative Ottoman guards over the Byzantine and about vice versa when loosing a Den.

I think I like this new system to

allows for some strategic planning like when they lured a patrol to attack a Den that Ezio needs to conquer.