Hi, a few pics from the Duxford Flying Legends airshow on Saturday 10th July, let me know if you want to see anymore!

Hi, a few pics from the Duxford Flying Legends airshow on Saturday 10th July, let me know if you want to see anymore!

Cool pix, thanks for sharing.

Wow. Coolest!!

More please. Good to see another Blenheim coming along. (I hope its another one at least, and not the same plane as in my sig picture being worked on.)

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    First I must say... awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! I must go some year!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
    More please. Good to see another Blenheim coming along. (I hope its another one at least, and not the same plane as in my sig picture being worked on.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There's a project to restore a Blenheim to flying condition that is being worked on at Canadian Warplane Heritage. It's been a long project but and it didn't look like an airplane for a long time but the last time I saw it things were starting to come together.

In case there is any confusion, Canadian built Blenheim Mark IVs were called the "Bolingbroke". No idea why there was a name change.

I hope to be able to see it flying some day!

wayno7777's Avatar Senior Member
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    In case there is any confusion, Canadian built Blenheim Mark IVs were called the "Bolingbroke". No idea why there was a name change.

I hope to be able to see it flying some day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The nose is slightly different on the Bolingbroke. They have been working on it for quite some time at CWH as well.

That's great stuff. I didn't know there were so many flying Spitfires.

That 109 doesn't look quite like a 109. It looks like the planes they used in the 1960s movie Battle of Britian. The cowling is different. Anybody know what that plane is? Is it a postwar foreign model or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by runyan99:
    That's great stuff. I didn't know there were so many flying Spitfires.

That 109 doesn't look quite like a 109. It looks like the planes they used in the 1960s movie Battle of Britian. The cowling is different. Anybody know what that plane is? Is it a postwar foreign model or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right i think it is a Spanish version of the 109 which is not powered by the V-inverted Daimler but with a RR Merlin: i think the Spanish called it the Buchon (pidgeon?)...