Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    I get error ("no MAP in mission file") on one of the last missions for stock TA-152 campaign (27.04.1945).

I have back up my career and when I refly that mission result is the same. Again campaign crashes.

btw has anyone finished this campaign without problems?

I have DGenERROR_log but I'm unable to see what is the problem...
    My DGen version is 4.0.2.3

I get error ("no MAP in mission file") on one of the last missions for stock TA-152 campaign (27.04.1945).

I have back up my career and when I refly that mission result is the same. Again campaign crashes.

btw has anyone finished this campaign without problems?

I have DGenERROR_log but I'm unable to see what is the problem...
    My DGen version is 4.0.2.3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dasriech:
    I have found in late 1945 campaigns when you get towards the surrender time period Dgen fails, god knows why. I havnt reported this & I dont know any fixes as yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true!

We should really report this as I remember that this "beep" sound error destroyed my old DE fighter Center career (176 mission). I get angry when I remember this all that playing for nothing eventually I deleted that campaign.

Anyway I probably figured something out; at the time when we get that "beep" sound it is 26 or 27 april 1945 and probably the last mission for Luftwaffe so when the "beep" sound occurs when user click on "Quit Mission" button FB should be minimized to desktop (without pressing "Apply" button!!) and user should first save User and Missions folder with copy/paste to safe location for possible restore later. (Actually in missions folder only campaign in question should look like dgen_t_berlindoe0).

The user should open dgen_t_berlindoe0 and edit only campaign.ini file in a way that end.mis line at the end of file should be deleted.

FB should be restarted then and next time in Pilot Career that campaign should be 100% finished.

That is sorta way around the problem but since I did not saw anyone who has finished 1945 Luftwaffe Berlin map subcampaign (please say I am wrong) it is possibly the only way around this problem untill DGen gets fixed.

ps. I have finished DE fighter South (Balaton 1945) no problems, Hungarian fighter (Balaton 1945) no probs; it seems that the only problem in DGen is Berlin map 1945 for German careers.

bump?

There's a status.dat file in your missions/campaigns folder- if you post both that and the last lines of your DGen error log it may help to locate the problem.

I'm afraid that I can't post my status.dat anymore, but I still have DGenERROR.log so here it is:

============ eof ==============
    ===== missions/campaign/de/dgen_t_berlindoe0/Summary.dat =====
    4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
    ============ eof ==============
    [Nov 25, 2005 9:10:50 PM] Mission: campaign/de/DGen_T_Berlindoe0/50427.mis is Playing
    Mission found, reset
    it is our Mission
    Berlin
    ReadDB sorties:1
    Cannot assign any towns to Germans, 0 points

I had that same error some time ago. Too bad the patch didn't fix it.

I think it is safe now to talk about game bug.

But this is really annoying one since user caould fly 150+ missions just to see his campaign crash on last missions in y1945 Berlin map.

This should really be fixed.

If you've deleted it already, then the best 'fix' I can suggest is to fly my DGen campaigns available from Airwarfare.

There's a TA-152 Berlin campaign, as well as many others, and you'll also be able to undertake a war duty of more than 200 missions. Copy your DGen folder before install.

The download will be upgraded before Christmas. This won't affect ongoing campaigns, unless a new version of DGen is released with the Kurland map included.

Thanks. I have deleted DE Fighter Center campaign 176 missions (I think it also crashed on 27 apr 1945) I wasn't able to recover it (I was quite newbie at FB campaigns at that times).

I haven't deleted TA-152 campaign I just edit a few files and 'artificially' ended that one too. After 27 apr game just can not make any more missions for DE fighter Berlin 45 map...