fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    do you guys think its about right? the resone i ask is it SEEMS to handle ALOT like the F4u even at low speeds.

hmmm

my question in return is....

what should the hellcat be the result of?

1. popular, although very likely ignorant, opinion

or

2. the result of manufacturers data giving a result that is as accurate as possible whilst at the same time most likely terribly unpopular?

*throws hands in the air*

oye the big, big questions of our time...

stop highjacking my thread and start your own lol j/k. well me i think it should be on hard data. one of the hard things to go by as far as data goes is how the planes handled. top speeds, excelaration ect is preaty stright forward i would think. pluse id like to see the other data such as reliabilty ect that was a major factor in ww2 be some how added.

i always thought that these high performance, high weight aircraft would be pigs to fly actually.

i looked at the amount of horsepower, the flight surfaces and assorted design parameters to make fast, rugged, war winning aircraft and i thought to myself day-amn, you would have to be on top of their every twitch otherwise they would sink their high performance teeth into your ar$e quick smart.

Take hi per cars and bikes.... often twitchy, ferocious beasts that need a firm, experienced and talented hand to push them. Otherwise we could all be Michael Schumachers / Valentino Rossis (especially the 500 two stroke GP bikes of old)?

it stands to reason my idea has at least some merit.... the Ensign Eliminator anyone?

and yet we have a flyable f4u that is a mere pussycat to land. That plane is unbelievably easy to fly.

i dont get that one. Thats why i look at any naval aircraft FM and think, well, who can say for sure.

i consider, that due to the requirements of selling software and the howls of armchair experts that most if not all aircraft have had their more unpleasant flight characteristics... er... "trimmed".

Or left out altogether by planned limitations of the FM? To make sure we can feel in control and not have the severe limitations of interacting thru very imprecise control systems make a truly real sim hopelessly difficult to fly seeing we have no real sensation of speed, or that precious seat of the pants feedback to guide us?

I'd bet the left one of two smallish but very dear to me bodyparts that its been dumbed down for us non trained flyers.... that can somehow manipulate these late war aircraft almost effortlessly.... and we should be able to, as well, if this sim is anywhere near "realistic".

meh.

I never fly it unless forced to in a coop situation,etc.. The piss on the windshield has absolutely ruined this plane for me. For the love of all please somebody at 1C fix this ****.

some many words yet you still manged to avoid giveing a awnser to the topic LMAO. "said as a frindly joke" i agree that the LOW speed handilig seems of on the f4u JUST going by MOST of the things that iv read over the years. the hellcat i always heard was a dream to fly at all speeds. i mean iv never even been in a plane ...and hopefully never will have to "scared of hights, can you believe it " but iv read and heard what people who have has wrought and stated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oilburner_TAW:
    I never fly it unless forced to in a coop situation,etc.. The piss on the windshield has absolutely ruined this plane for me. For the love of all please somebody at 1C fix this ****. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. lol. it looks like the windshield of my mothers chevy after i have to drive it ....BAAARRRFFFF

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Aside from the windshield, the Hellcat is a fantastic fighter in its element. But its no match for a 1945 scenario against German aircraft. Against the Japanese its much better off.

I'm reading the book "First Blue" which is about Butch Voris, Hellcat ace and founding leader of the Blue Angels. He says one of the main reasons for them picking the F6F over the F4U was that the Hellcat was a much more 'honest' aircraft and easier to control precisely, especially at lower altitudes and speeds. I don't fly either plane enough (especially low and slow) to verify this in-game, can anyone else?

I'll get quotes and page numbers if anyone wants them.

ok i know NONE of what im about to say realy counts seeing as it has to do with my skill but i just "tested" "i use the that term loosely lol" and from what i can tell the f4u and the hellcat in this game turn at low speed the same. if it was not for the cockpits i would not have any idea wich of the two planes i was in. i got down on the deck with full flaps and made a left banking turn. both seemed to be able "with some close supervision" to be able to make a constant turn at 120 MPH give or take a little. thay both have a tendansy to drop the nose and "slip" outa the air. alomost like thay were clones.that cant be right can it? now please dont think im complaining or even asking faor any kinda change. just kinda acourd to me. and thought id ask what every one hear thinks.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►