Celeon999's Avatar Senior Member
    On search for u-boat vids i just came across this video.

Paintings by Adolf Hitler

These are no masterpieces but some of them are really beautiful and a sign of great talent.

The paintings show several places in Bavaria and Linz and Vienna in Austria and i believe there are some from the "Kehlsteinhaus" (HitlerÔ┬┤s famous mountain tea house that was a birthday present to him by the nazi party).

That made me thinking ..:

The Butterfly effect.

What would had happened if the Vienna Arts academy would had accepted Adolf Hitler instead of their refusement ?

Thats only a very simple happening in his life but think of the consequences that might had resulted out of an acceptance by the academy.

If so he wouldnt had been able to travel to Bavaria where he came in contact with anti-semitic movements and nationalists.

Joining the austria-hungarian army by conscript in ww-1 instead of the Reichswehr by volunteering

Its also possible that he wouldnt had survived the war....

Or even when he survived in this alternate universe... He would never had been ordered to infiltrate the Bavarian nationalist party and never became their leading speaker...

A simple "Yes" instead of a "No" by one of the academyÔ┬┤s professors who maybe was just in a bad mood that days would might had saved the world from one of its biggest tragedys.

Imagine the name Adolf Hitler would just be the sign on some pictures in some austrian art galleries.

What do you think ?

Celeon999's Avatar Senior Member
    On search for u-boat vids i just came across this video.

Paintings by Adolf Hitler

These are no masterpieces but some of them are really beautiful and a sign of great talent.

The paintings show several places in Bavaria and Linz and Vienna in Austria and i believe there are some from the "Kehlsteinhaus" (HitlerÔ┬┤s famous mountain tea house that was a birthday present to him by the nazi party).

The Butterfly effect.

What would had happened if the Vienna Arts academy would had accepted Adolf Hitler instead of their refusement ?

Thats only a very simple happening in his life but think of the consequences that might had resulted out of an acceptance by the academy.

If so he wouldnt had been able to travel to Bavaria where he came in contact with anti-semitic movements and nationalists.

Joining the austria-hungarian army by conscript in ww-1 instead of the Reichswehr by volunteering

Its also possible that he wouldnt had survived the war....

Or even when he survived in this alternate universe... He would never had been ordered to infiltrate the Bavarian nationalist party and never became their leading speaker...

A simple "Yes" instead of a "No" by one of the academyÔ┬┤s professors who maybe was just in a bad mood that days would might had saved the world from one of its biggest tragedys.

Imagine the name Adolf Hitler would just be the sign on some pictures in some austrian art galleries.

What do you think ?

Ah yes the great 'what if' scenarios. It is tragic indeed that such small simple things could have saved the world from many a horror.

He was a really great artist, If i remember correctly, the acadamy refused him because he wanst to good a drawing people, He really did have some talent though.

True, Hitler painted landscapes. People were an afterthought. Though there have been many great painters were people weren't the main focus either.

Ant__.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Blimey yes, the more you think about it, the more mind boggling it gets! - good thought Celeon!

froschman's Avatar Member
    There were other leaders of the nazi party during 1920-1925, which Hitler had to fight down to gain his F├╝hrer-position. Perhaps the difference would not have been so great with another leader for this extremist-party.

He painted the church of a city 5km from where I live, called Roeselare. He was here where I live during the first world war. Kinda spooky

Messervy's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celeon999:

The Butterfly effect.

What do you think ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don`t want to think...I`ll just tell what I know.

When Hitler wanted to study the architecture in Wien, he was clasified as totaly lacking the interest and sense for architecture.

The man who`s decision we are talking about was a Slovenian architect Maks Fabiani.
    He was a very renown architect who amongst other things designed a part of a town where I live. The part is considered to be one of the greatest preserved pieces of sezession architecture in Europe.

Now you know why I don`t want to think.....

book tip if you are into alternative scenarions about Hitler: Stephen Fry, "Making History", Arrow Books, 1997. Funny enough if you don't think too deep about it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►