If you can't tell by the thread title, this has spoilers.

In the ending of the Two Thrones, the prince successfully kills the Vizier, closing up the story so that the Empress is gone, Farah is now his girl, and he regains his kingdom.

BUT THEN, EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM? or something?
    everything zooms out and you see the prince running in the forest dressed like he was in "Sands of Time" before the Vizier tricks him into releasing the sands.

Can anyone explain?
     1 people found this helpful

If you can't tell by the thread title, this has spoilers.

In the ending of the Two Thrones, the prince successfully kills the Vizier, closing up the story so that the Empress is gone, Farah is now his girl, and he regains his kingdom.

BUT THEN, EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM? or something?
    everything zooms out and you see the prince running in the forest dressed like he was in "Sands of Time" before the Vizier tricks him into releasing the sands.

Can anyone explain?

kew414's Avatar Senior Member
    You didn't know what was going on?
    It was (IMO) a very clever loop

When Farah asks how he knows her name, he begins to tell the story of Sands of Time ('cause that is how he knows her name)

mornegroth's Avatar Senior Member
    You should replay Sands of Time and Warrior Within

Or consult the Wikipedia The Two Thrones page

I advise the former.

te prince started telling Farah teh story of SOT. so it was a flashback in a way

i am a little confused by this. In sot, the first scene is where the prince enters farahs bedroom. Basically he rewinded time already and came to tell farah about the traitor vizier. After he enters the bedroom, then the scene with "most ppl think time is like a river...." and along with "on a way to azad, honour and gory tempted my father (cant remember the exact lines)". Which means he is saying all this to farah.

And the ending of sot when the prince comes back to meet farah. He says the exact same line.

That gives us the hint that as we played the game, we were playing the story that the prince is telling farah. I understand that much.

But at the ending of TT, he says the same "most ppl think time...." line implying that sands of time is a story told to farah at the end of TT. But that doesn't make sense. Cause the SOT prince is telling the story to the farah in SOT not in TT. So which one is correct.

He's retelling the story again in T2T. He told Farah in SoT and he's telling it again at the ending. Since it's the same story, why is the scene supposed to change?

He starts with the exact same line because he retelling the story again, the exact same story except, he going to add in the WW part. This is why we only see the opening scene and not play the whole SoT all the way back at the end of T2T. Since its a video game, what better way to end off than to have the prince retell the story to farah again and have the scene start where the SoT story starts as it makes sense. It also give the nudge to the players, saying "Hey, remember this? Remember how it all happened?".

kakalukiaJay's Avatar Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member
    During the play of the game, the Prince talks to himself in narrative form.
    At some point around "The Temple", he discusses that because the Sands of Time were never built, Farah was not taken to the palace Azad. Therefore, in Farah's timeline, Farah had not yet met the Prince.
    At the end of The Two Thrones, the Prince begins to tell Farah his tale of the two previous Ubisoft games and what happened to him when he returned to Babylon, etc.

I do not normally "work myself up" over details when time travel is involved. There are bound to be problems involving grandfather/grandson paradoxes, the balance of matter in the universe being uneven, unanticipated consequences of actions done, etc.
    I simply try to enjoy the game that the developers built and accept (or reject) the chosen time travel logic.

I hope that you enjoyed the game play enough to play other Prince of Persia games.

here's the answer

I can explain

that wasn't a dream
    that was the part of the story that he tells to farah