I'm curious, my speed bar (km/hr) does not match the shown instruments (hidden cockpit view). I just really noticed it when I was seeing if a P-40M was as fast at sea level as the description said. Also I thought the published max speed of a P-40M was the same as an N model at

I have noticed this as well while in a zero flying formation<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Pentium II 233 mhz
    seagate 1.5 gig harddrive
    8 megs of ram
    5 1/4" floppy drive
    6" monochrome monitor
    14k dial up
    Windows Vista

berg417448's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WESB1:
    I'm curious, my speed bar (km/hr) does not match the shown instruments (hidden cockpit view). I just really noticed it when I was seeing if a P-40M was as fast at sea level as the description said. Also I thought the published max speed of a P-40M was the same as an N model at 378 mph. The game says 362 mph for the M, I think. Has anybody else seen the speed differential?
    Patience, I'm a noobie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is most likely a case of Indicated airspeed vs True airspeed. IIRC the "cartoon" gauges in the no cockpit view display true airspeed while the other views show indicated airspeed.

I fly in knots all the time, and the speed bar only shows the speed in 10 knot increments. Same with altitude, except that is only in 50 foot increments!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Razor
    Air Group 51
    http://www.airgroup51.com/
    F.I.S.C.
    http://atlas.palomo.dyndns.org/fisc/forum/index.php
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from poor judgement"

For some reason my hat switch only offers snap views. How do I program my hat to "turn my head" so to speak so I can see around, up and down without snapping?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

For some reason my hat switch only offers snap views. How do I program my hat to "turn my head" so to speak so I can see around, up and down without snapping?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Aviar's Avatar Senior Member
    F9 is the default Toggle Snap\Pan View command.

Aviar<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------------
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
    Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
    2GB DDR2-800 PC6400 Dual
    PCI-E EVGA 7900GTX 512MB
    Creative X-Fi
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    22" NEC MultiSync FE 1250+
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
    TM Tacticalboard
    GoFlight GF-T8 Module
    -----------------------------

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Also, Oleg suggests using Crimea map for standardized atmospheric conditions for flight model testing. I don't know how much difference it makes, if any, but that's the word on the net. You could test this if you wish. I used to just go with the crowd and fire up my Crimea map.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"You will still have FB, you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "At the altitudes this community flies at, diving is not an option." ~Stiglr
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    "109Z flew briefly, after being hit by a bomb. Go-229 also saw combat, when the factory was overrun." ~pingu666
    :
    "Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

Nimits's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WESB1:
    I'm curious, my speed bar (km/hr) does not match the shown instruments (hidden cockpit view). I just really noticed it when I was seeing if a P-40M was as fast at sea level as the description said. Also I thought the published max speed of a P-40M was the same as an N model at 378 mph. The game says 362 mph for the M, I think. Has anybody else seen the speed differential?
    Patience, I'm a noobie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you seeing the speedbar speeds as faster, slower, or just randomly off the instrument panel speeds.

PS I thought the speed bar gave speed in IAS, just like the instrument panel . . .?

IAS is knots isnt it??<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

what have you got to lose?
    You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
    What have you lost? Nothing!) -life of Brian