GAU-8's Avatar Senior Member
    i knew it would happen to a FPS shooter .

FINALLY!

now i have been tracking the BIS forums for a while, and iknew about naturalpoints involvement with ARMA, but it was cool to see external head movement. going to make playing in a squad so much better now. especially that on comms, one will say "ROGER!" but you turn, and see his head shking "OOOH NOES!"

Wow, and all this time I thought a soldier's head was glued to his gun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
    Wow, and all this time I thought a soldier's head was glued to his gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Duh! Glued to the head.
    I always thought I was carrying it in my mouth.

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    Been playing Half Life 2 with trackIR (was part of the Beta team) for over a year now. Was a little quirky at first and not quite as natural transition as flying but I prefer it now.

It`s taken longer than it should for FPS` to use TIR. In fact, I think just about every tipe of game could use, like strategy games such as Rome Total war, anything where you could save using the mouse or keyboard to move to another part of the screen.

But, WWSensei, you`re kidding me. Does HL2 really use TIR? I`ve got it, but never saw a TIR option?

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
    But, WWSensei, you`re kidding me. Does HL2 really use TIR? I`ve got it, but never saw a TIR option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not natively. Natural Point did a non-released mod. I was part of the beta team that tested it. I believe it was used as a sales pitch tool for other FPS makers to include native support.

karost's Avatar Senior Member
    yes it is a time for TIR making online FPS people feel "Hot"

and becareful don't move your head nock to the keyboard when you have to find a cover when your oppoent shoot you in online FPS ... LOL

You could move your head independantly in Operation Flashpoint albeit without Track IR