I will start off by saying that the game looks awsome, each new trailer/demo I get more and more excited for the game;and it keeps looking beter and beter. Altair's climbing looks amazing, flawless movement. The new light effects adds just that much more to the game's already nextgen character design. BUT...there are a few things that they should fix before launch:

1) Targeting System
    2)Red Flashing Enemies

Targeting System camera angle/graphics looks awsome. Flawless. BUT the electricle 3D outline really needs to go. It takes you out of the Crusades time period and...it just doesn't look good or fit in in this game. It made the game seem idiot proof. They should make it an option, if you are a stupid person and can't tell who the camera is following.

WHY why why the red flashing enemy. When Altair hits an enemy (not a blood drawing blow) the enemy flashes red so people who are a little slow...and can't tell when they hit someone don't get confused. They need to take it out, it once again pulls the player from the time period. It is too video game, which jade said that she wants to change the next gen gaming...they are going back to the arcade Street Fighter flickering enemy...thats a step back in my opinion. The more the game looks like a movie or (if you can except) real life.

Jade did say in the G4 interview at E3 they are still polishing the game. They debugged alot of things, like the floating dead guard. And i hope/imagine that they fixed the Altair bumping into an invisible force field around civilians (in the E3 07 demo, you can see this with the ladies with the water jugs)
    So i am confident that they will fix anything that affects gameplay. What do you guys think?

I was about to post a new thread but I guess I'll start by agreeing with everything you've said. The outlines are ****ing gay and should be removed. I'd also like to add some things to your list, though.

3) Animations: Sorry, but they are still not up to par. Freerunning and the kind of combat this game employs is fluid, the animations are not. In an era with Killzone 2 style animations (revolutionary mixing of rag doll and canned animations, all ridiculously fluid and working beautifully in PRE-pre-alpha) how can this game hope to compete?

4)Control Scheme: Read. http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/802/802800p1.html
    Oh, first true next gen game, man thats so cool! I honestly don't give a **** when all that was on my mind throughout the entire article was "If its so next gen, why do we complete ridiculously complex manouvers by holding down a button and pressing the analog stick forward?" I mean, I'm no fan of the Wii, but how can Ubisoft expect to be next gen when next gen has been about increasing controlability!? If I wanted to watch a movie about the crusades, I'd do so, and I wouldn't have to worry about holding down a button! I really don't get how Ubisoft can expect to hype a game that hardly lets you control the action.

5) Animation Proccing: Certain animations simply don't proc, and altair just slides off lucky civilians. I don't know if I'll end up liking this or not, as most of the animations seem so blatantly canned and overused, I'd rather not see them too much.

Ubisoft has a lot of work to do, whether or not this game is built on exciting ideas and a cool time culturally and an awesome character.

Jade, honey, get busy.

EDIT: Also in the place of another full thread, who else was here... what was it, two years ago? When Jade was first making promises about this game. You remember what she said? Complete historical accuracy. If it wasn't in the crusades, it isn't in this game. Just look how far we've gone from the original goal.

i hope they change the target system and the red flashing enemies because its stupid and it doesnt fit in the game

when altair fight to one guard the other guards just look at you and that isnt realistic i hope they change that because it would be cooler that al the guards fight you in one time so it would be more difficult to.

when an a water jug fell it looks kinda weird so i hope they change that.

i hope that the voice of altair will have a arabic accent.

it would be cool if you dont see so many of the same people walking on the street.

and when altair push an guard against an wooden pile the hole rack crash down at 4:36 that isnt realistic

I really liked the demo and i hope it will come soon but they have to change some things and then the game would be perfect.

One of the things I'd like to see fixed is the animation when you jump in the haycart. The hay doesn't really move and it's a little dull. Another thing I noticed is before Altair starts climbing a building (2:12), there's a glitch when he runs in one direction and then he justs pops up looking in the opposite direction (it's something that used to happen in Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, when you would give a quick nudge to the movement analog). The glitch happens exactly at 2:15. Take a look at it.
    Oh, and one more thing, it's the sound quality (specially voices) a little too bass? It's not too serious, but it sounds like the voices were recorded inside a trashcan...

Since you all are obviously at E3 you missed what the devs had to say during their interview and live play through with gamespot. The electrical stuff is part of two things, one part of the main story. They did not reveal how, but it was said that the particles were there for story reasons... Second it was there to help point out anyone of interest or threat... Meaning if they are a thug they will flash to give you a heads up in case they want to cause trouble... or you just feel like pick pocketing them.

You all act like this is a finished product, I'm sure for all the demos they have the usual "this does not necessarily reflect the finished product".

"An era with Killzone 2 style animations"? Frankly I was 10 times more impressed with AC then Killzone 2. If you actually watched what they showed during the press conference the animations of enemies were getting held up mid fight if you "stunned" them. In this, you bump into a civ or object, you will bounce. FLUIDLY.

As to the control scheme, I agree with what they chose to do. Having a button modify what would normally be you running into a wall to you interacting with the wall and running up it is a smart move. Otherwise you run into a very big problem that GRAW2 had. A set button that lets you automatically interact instead of running into an object is much more fluid in the long run. You dont have to approach the object at the right set of angles in order to get the desired effect, instead you automatically switch to the interact mode and poof your off.

The only slight thing I have seen thus far is on some of the ceiling beam animations your foot gets sucked into the beam just a tad, not much but enough to notice from time to time. That and of course the floating guard that you just killed.(thought it was hilarious he was still screaming 'dont kill me' while stuck)

Honestly, you guys treat this as a finished product yet state that they are "still polishing". Hypocritical much?

I know it isnt finished but i just didnt like some things and i hope they will change it because when i saw that electic stuf it was a bit dissapointed. I know its part of the main story but its just weird because (almost) everything is realistic and then there are those flashing things around some people. So I know it isnt finished but i hope they will fix some things

Originally posted by BaToUrYu:
    Since you all are obviously at E3 you missed what the devs had to say during their interview and live play through with gamespot. The electrical stuff is part of two things, one part of the main story. They did not reveal how, but it was said that the particles were there for story reasons... Second it was there to help point out anyone of interest or threat... Meaning if they are a thug they will flash to give you a heads up in case they want to cause trouble... or you just feel like pick pocketing them.
    oh, so more gay sci fi **** and carebear warnings everytime something might happen? Oh yeah and horrible design regardless of why its there.

You all act like this is a finished product, I'm sure for all the demos they have the usual "this does not necessarily reflect the finished product".
    I'm not acting like this is a finished product, I'm acting like this is a product that they shouldn't be proud of whether or not it is finished. BTW, Killzone 2 (Just because we all love it so much) is PRE-pre-alpha and looks much more polished than AC.

"An era with Killzone 2 style animations"? Frankly I was 10 times more impressed with AC then Killzone 2. If you actually watched what they showed during the press conference the animations of enemies were getting held up mid fight if you "stunned" them. In this, you bump into a civ or object, you will bounce. FLUIDLY.
    Frankly, you must've missed the Killzone 2 releases and seen the AC CGI. You call the choppy combat scenes and rare proccing during chase scenes fluid animation? Be serious.

As to the control scheme, I agree with what they chose to do. Having a button modify what would normally be you running into a wall to you interacting with the wall and running up it is a smart move. Otherwise you run into a very big problem that GRAW2 had. A set button that lets you automatically interact instead of running into an object is much more fluid in the long run. You dont have to approach the object at the right set of angles in order to get the desired effect, instead you automatically switch to the interact mode and poof your off.
    Please go watch a movie or something and don't ruin my game. The term videogame implies some sort of interactivity, and when all we get in the way of that is holding a button and watching altair do ****, I feel betrayed by whoever labels AC as a videogame.

The only slight thing I have seen thus far is on some of the ceiling beam animations your foot gets sucked into the beam just a tad, not much but enough to notice from time to time. That and of course the floating guard that you just killed.(thought it was hilarious he was still screaming 'dont kill me' while stuck)
    So you managed to see his foot getting stuck in the ceiling beams and missed the stupidly choppy animation? Don't lie to me, or yourself anymore, give in to what we all know is the truth. This game needs WORK. Big time.

Honestly, you guys treat this as a finished product yet state that they are "still polishing". Hypocritical much?
    Hypocritical or not, this game is not where it should be and we are trying to get that across to the public so the devs will stop being smug asses and start being devs who want to produce an AAA+ game.

Tlepolemus7 you are so damn right.

what i noticed is that when the lady drops the glass it just disapears..it should be broken in peaces

The first thing I saw when I started this movie, was when the camera rotated around the player, some of the windows disappeared on the buildings!

Part 1 - Firstly, the windows are there (only managed to get one of them on the screenshot, it disappeared :P)

Part 2 - Secondly, the windows simply disappeares (so does the chimney)

Part 3 - Then one comes back

Part 4 - And then the last one too

Hope they fix that! Except of that bug, it looks GREAT! Except some animation transition bugs :/

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►