hello fellow pilots

i started to fly a campaign with "Bf-109-G2 (1942)" and the strange think is that when i try to trim my ailerons and rudders they don't work, only the elevators are "permitated" to trim...
    the other aircrafts that i played i could trim the ailerons,rudders,and elevators...
    is this a problem with the game (i think not), or it's because that "bf-109-G2 (1942)" only allows to trim the elevators???

thanks....good hunting

hello fellow pilots

i started to fly a campaign with "Bf-109-G2 (1942)" and the strange think is that when i try to trim my ailerons and rudders they don't work, only the elevators are "permitated" to trim...
    the other aircrafts that i played i could trim the ailerons,rudders,and elevators...
    is this a problem with the game (i think not), or it's because that "bf-109-G2 (1942)" only allows to trim the elevators???

thanks....good hunting

stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:
    No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there were trim tabs on all the control surfaces; only the ones on the elevators were adjustable in flight.

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    That's what we need! The ability to adjust those trim tabs before takeoff...

cheers

horseback

stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jannaspookie:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:
    No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there were trim tabs on all the control surfaces; only the ones on the elevators were adjustable in flight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, just after I posted that last night I thought about editing it to say 'pilot-adjustable' but it was late, I was tired, and I thought it was really 'kin obvious from the context of the OP that 'pilot-adjustable' was what was meant.

EDIT sorry 'pilot adjustable in flight'

It's also the same case on the FW 190 - for the same reason, German specifications at the time only called for trimmable pitch on all planes with less than 5 tons takeoff weight. It's a German pecularity, like that in real life both aircraft had adjustable tailplanes, rather than simple trim tabs on the control surface.

I think both of these aircraft solved the problem by other means, the 109 for example had a profiled (assymetric when viewed from above) tail, acting as a sort of wing, counteracting the torque forces, plus the mentioned fixed trim tabs. The Yakovlev series had for example, assymetric wing size for the same reason.

Quite a few other planes lack this or that trim as well, typically aileron or rarer, rudder trim.

raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    the trim on 109 is such that only at the best fuel comsumption speed the plane is accurately trim

in other words you trim the plane with the throttle

Set the throttle to around 40%.