berg417448's Avatar Senior Member
    Found this on a bicycling forum of all places! Some nice photos of a lucky man's recent flight on a B-17:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho....php?p=1064034

berg417448's Avatar Senior Member
    Found this on a bicycling forum of all places! Some nice photos of a lucky man's recent flight on a B-17:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho....php?p=1064034

I rode in the Texas Raider B-17 back in '97. It was a check-out ride for the new pilot in command. It was almost 40 minutes long and I had the run of the aircraft from the bomb bay all the way back to the tail gun position.

--Outlaw.

yea they have B-17 rides but they are kinda spendy at $400 a piece!
    but hey, its totally worth it!

Nice find! I got to tour a B-17 several years ago. It was very cool to just get inside one. I can't imagine what it would be like to actually fly in one.

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    I paid $350 for a flight on Nine-O-Nine and that was several years ago. Well worth every penny!!!

icrash's Avatar Senior Member
    The Raider is currently being made airworthy once more. I had a shot at flying aboard B-24 Witchcraft but alas I had to go to work...knew I should have gotten the "one day illness" Last I heard, Nine 0 Nine, Witchcraft, and B-25 Tondelayo were all in California.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_Weaver:
    Nice find! I got to tour a B-17 several years ago. It was very cool to just get inside one. I can't imagine what it would be like to actually fly in one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    About 6-7 years ago we got to hop inside a B-29 (If I remember correctly) at a Confederate Air Force museum in Idaho. Wondered what it'd be like to fly in one ever since.

I wonder if this is the same B-17 that was at the Santa Rosa airport, I think between 5/12 and 5/19. They offered tours for a small donation then rides for $400. I missed the chance this time thanks to a chronic lack of funds and time.

Edit: Nope. Different B-17. This is the one of was thinking of: Sentimental Journey

R_Target's Avatar Senior Member
    Sentimental Journey gets around. Took a look inside last summer.