I couldn't get the Hellcat off a static carrier deck, even if I taxied all the way back! This blows! I don't know if it's more real or not, but the loss of horsepower is going to ruin online DF play if there is no way to get the carriers moving.

Now I have to go into my all carrier map for Ghost Skies and add a runway because of this.

pffffffffft

this aircraft was already a pain in the **** to get off the deck with, lol, no change maybe?

S!

CKY_86's Avatar Senior Member
    as above no changes the hellcat was a b**ch to get off a static carrier from the start

If you guys will hook two carriers together, it will work. It looks bad but it works. PLus it gives you a secondary cable to hook to...lol

OMG! I never thought of that! I'll try that now!

chris455's Avatar Senior Member
    Now THAT'S realism for ya!

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CKY_86:
    as above no changes the hellcat was a b**ch to get off a static carrier from the start <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I always found it easy...

My theory is that there was still one noob left who couldn't completely dominate the late war American junk with the Ki-84. The Ki-100 and Jack weren't ready yet, so Oleg just gave up and grounded everything except the Wildcat while we wait for 3.04.

* Not to be taken seriously

I agree with Crash. To me the Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsair feel the same in the air but takeoff from carriers seems like they have been stripped a few hundred horsepower. The Corsair with 25% fuel and no loadout has a difficult time just getting airborne now. It was bad before but now much worse. Once again I see no real power loss once airborne, its just carrier takeoffs seem to have been porked.

I tried things out with both the Corsair and the Hellcat, and found no difficulties with 50% fuel without loadout, and 25% fuel with 500kg of bombload on each.
    Sure that isn't much, but the carriers are _static_ thus not under historical conditions... so, as some others said: Root for a implementation of mobile carriers, rather than a change of the flight modelling.

The fighers shouldn't play Jabo in these maps anyway, we should wait patiently for the carrier torp-bombers.