Something just accured to me... with the delays in the pay-addons 4.6 and 4.7 could it be that no info on SoW in being released so that its annoncement does not cannibalize the sales of the said addons....

Just a though...

Something just accured to me... with the delays in the pay-addons 4.6 and 4.7 could it be that no info on SoW in being released so that its annoncement does not cannibalize the sales of the said addons....

Just a though...

I personally don't think we're going to see SOW for some time. The new addons are probable taking more time than expected because less people are working on them than have been in the past.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    occurred?

Sow:BoB is not going to be released soon. Check out some posts made recently by Luthier at Sim HQ about what’s going on production-wise. I know a lot of places have a release date that is supposedly soon, but they are wrong

Sturmoviks over Manchuria has been submitted to Ubi Soft. They have had it for weeks. Neither RRG (Luthier) nor 1C:Maddox Games (Oleg) knows exactly when Ubi will release it or what’s the exact holdup, but you can bet your last dime that it’s not because of the imminent release of Sow:BoB

some quotes:
    "The planes in BoB will have dynamic weathering effects applied to them - you'll see exhaust stains growing, paint chipping away as you fly, etc; and also there'll be bump mapping and other technical sounding effects that make the planes much more detailed and life-like. All those features are turned off in this version of the engine, although they are fully working in engine tools. "

"posted September 11, 2006 21:43
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Ready for release" doesn't mean any change in status. They're still where they were a month ago, and where SoM was in the spring.

But hopefully you'll see them soon. Since Oleg already spoke on sukhoi, I can tell you that both SoM and 46 will most likely be released simultaneously on a single CD / DVD.

However, anything / everything is subject to change without notice."

"posted September 11, 2006 13:00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New update posted.

Regarding all suggestions, I'll just reply with a blanket statement. Unfortunately, we simply have no time at all. It's not that we're lazy, or we don't think your ideas are great, or that we're tired, or that we don't feel like it. If it were up to me, I'd have two hundred people on staff doing nothing but expanding Il-2 and PF. All the ground we've already covered only makes the stuff we didn't do more appealing.

But unfortunately, there is just no time. We don't have 200 people. We do have large new projects, and we do have deadlines. Oleg has to finish BoB and make it the best it can be, and I have my own...thing... The teams are working inhuman hours without weekends as it is. There's just absolutely no way that we can add anything that's not already planned and signed off on.

This means: new ground objects; new vehicles; new ships; new versions of existing planes; cockpits for AI planes; changes to AI; changes to FM; new maps; or anything else you can think of.

We'll certainly note your suggestions, but if they are implemented it'll be in BoB or after. With Il-2, really, we're physically incapable of doing something new that we didn't already plan on doing."

" posted September 11, 2006 20:52
    I can't comment on the release dates, but the anti-hack features have never a been a hurdle in releasing Sturmoviks over Manchuria."

" posted September 13, 2006 17:35
    SoM and 46 are my last forays into the world of Il-2/FB/AEP/PF. Myself and Oleg are already working on our respective BoB engine sims, and that's what I'm exclusively focused on from now on.

I personally am hard-pressed for resources and tight on time as it is, and I simply couldn't find a few spare months to build an Il-2 map. Regarding 3rd parties, this is a question not for me but for Oleg, because it's his team that reviews and releases 3rd party submissions. I don't want to speak for Oleg, but I'm pretty sure the 3rd party submission door has been closed for a looong time, and if something hasn't been already approved by Oleg, chances of it being released are very slim.

In short: it's a 100% no for RRG, and a 99.9999999% no for 3rd party.

Same goes for planes, cockpits, changes to FM, AI, loadouts, ground vehicles, etc."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
    occurred? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what happens when a Frenchmen types in English...

I heared something like fall 2007 or a bit later in 2008

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    2008? Say it ain't so. If so the development of SoW would've taken longer than the time it took to fight the Second World War. In fact, for all I know, it already has.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoom2136:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
    occurred? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what happens when a Frenchmen types in English... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a little help is all. Je parle francais un petit peu

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:
    2008? Say it ain't so. If so the development of SoW would've taken longer than the time it took to fight the Second World War. In fact, for all I know, it already has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats still not as long as Duke Nukem.

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Counter Strike Team Fortress 2 development time, owns DukeNukem.