Almost 36,000 Bf109's were built. I have often wondered how many have been accounted for. Does anyone have any info relating to this?

Fritz

Almost 36,000 Bf109's were built. I have often wondered how many have been accounted for. Does anyone have any info relating to this?

Fritz

D.A. Lande. Messerschmitt 109.
    ISBN 0-7603-0803-9.
    MBI Publishing. USA.

Lists all accounted for surviving aircraft as of 2000.

60 examples of various marks, flying, under restoration or museum displays.

Perhaps some kind soul with a scanner and a copy of said book could assist here - it'll take me ages to type up.

Cool L_Flyer. The reason I am interested in accounted for planes is to have an idea of how many are not accounted for. I figure there must be a lot missing. Also, not just 109's. I wonder how many fighter are MIA.

Fritz

Do u plan to take up aviation archaeology as a hobby, or just asking ?

The reason why there aren't many 109's left.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I can't think of any way to add to this discussion.

OBTW+1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:
    Do u plan to take up aviation archaeology as a hobby, or just asking ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just aviation and not archaeology either. I just think there's a lot of stuff from the various wars laying around Europe. I like the outdoors so I figure it's make a nice hobby.

I hope I can cover half as much ground as what Baldie is doing in GD right now.

Fritz

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    I can't think of any way to add to this discussion.

OBTW+1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me eather

P-51 isn't the reason, the US like to think that, but its actually to do with the grass, because no plane surivives the grass

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►