Has anyone figured out a way to change the speed and altitude readouts from metric to US MPH and feet?

Has anyone figured out a way to change the speed and altitude readouts from metric to US MPH and feet?

Uufflakke's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deputy1911:
    Has anyone figured out a way to change the speed and altitude readouts from metric to US MPH and feet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Control section, assign a key to Toggle Speed Bar, and you can select kph,mph,knots or no speedbar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deputy1911:
    Has anyone figured out a way to change the speed and altitude readouts from metric to US MPH and feet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the speed bar? I'm not sure if there is a key assigned, but there is an option for it in the controls menu, near the bottom. It switches from KPH/Meters - Knots/Feet - MPH/Feet.

jayhall0315's Avatar Banned
    Leave it in the metric system. Its what the other 231 countries of the world use

Once you get used to it, you will find it natural.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayhall0315:
    Leave it in the metric system.
    Once you get used to it, you will find it natural. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I used to think that until I started to ween myself from the speed bar and found that US and British instruments are in MPH (which is only relevant when flying closed cockpit).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Uufflakke:

In Control section, assign a key to Toggle Speed Bar, and you can select kph,mph,knots or no speedbar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you sir!!!! That worked perfectly!!!

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayhall0315:
    Leave it in the metric system. Its what the other 231 countries of the world use

Once you get used to it, you will find it natural. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not what everyone used back then so no.