I know most people in this forum don't know me
    but i have been playing IL-2 since the start
    in 2001. I think Il-2 is one if the best games
    ever i would be nice to see the dev add more planes like maybe a flyable B-17 that would be cool this game deserves more i would buy any IL-2 add-on because it's worth every penny I-m playing 4.05M and waiting for SVOM 4.06.
    I can't stop thinking about what will happen to this game when BOBSW is released. It will be forgotton about just like a ton of other games.

I wish it would never end
    But ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO A END!!!!
    THAT'S a rule of L.I.F.E

I know BOBSW has very HI RES Graphics but IL-2 will always have a spot on my system!!!!

I know it takes time to make these add-ons but one more would be nice!!!!

I know many others out there fill the Same!

I know most people in this forum don't know me
    but i have been playing IL-2 since the start
    in 2001. I think Il-2 is one if the best games
    ever i would be nice to see the dev add more planes like maybe a flyable B-17 that would be cool this game deserves more i would buy any IL-2 add-on because it's worth every penny I-m playing 4.05M and waiting for SVOM 4.06.
    I can't stop thinking about what will happen to this game when BOBSW is released. It will be forgotton about just like a ton of other games.

I wish it would never end
    But ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO A END!!!!
    THAT'S a rule of L.I.F.E

I know BOBSW has very HI RES Graphics but IL-2 will always have a spot on my system!!!!

I know it takes time to make these add-ons but one more would be nice!!!!

I know many others out there fill the Same!

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    Il-2 will be around long after BoB comes out, im sure ill crave flying a plane from il-2 not present in bob...

This sim is no doubt my favorite game. I would think that BoB(SoW) would need an expansion pretty quick. The 109's fuel is going to be caught between the realism and fun of the new sim. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the first expansion would need to be sooner rather than later just to push the fun and realism factors of the game along. But this Il2 engine is old, and I'm looking foward to moving on to BoB. Go back to 2001 and look at any FPS game and look at them today.

As long as i can play online co-ops/dogfights,
    then i will still use this superb game.

Monty

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haigotron:
    Il-2 will be around long after BoB comes out, im sure ill crave flying a plane from il-2 not present in bob... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly true. Plus BoB won't release when Ubi says; I'd bet hard cash money on it

IL2 series has had its run, a very long and good run, it time to make way for BoB:SoW.

I have to disagree with you on IL2 being forgotten, given how most game/sims are released, not everybody here is going to or can jump straight to BoB without major upgrades to thier PC costing them lots of money. I give it more than a year before the majority of the community is flying BoB:SoW, even then, IL2 will be around for some time after BoB release..

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm looking forward to playing Il-2 on the machine I buy to allow me to play Storm of War. My current machine's a P4 1.5mhz and is way long in the tooth, Il-2'll be like a new game for me even before I start getting all lyrical over Storm of War.

If that 6-dof thing on the other channel isn't BS, well that makes things pretty interesting too doth it not? There's life in the old girl yet.

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    I have a suspicion IL-2 will remain the online standard because many may be put off by BOB's hardware demands, advanced FM, and advanced cockpit management features. BOB may be the item for the hardest core of the hard core, online and off.

From my experience, the flight sim fans usually rise to the level of the sim. It happened with Il-2, and EAW/CFS2 was the thing at the time, most of those guys are here now. Your typical flight simmer has already spent more than your average FPS'er just getting in the air...but it does take time.

BOB will probably be big (by flght sims' humble standards) after a year or two in the market. PAW fans like me will probably pick up BOB and let it sit on the shelf until Oleg gets back to the pacific (maybe 2010?). I did that with Il-2 until PF.