Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    OK, so as you may or may not know, the GPLEA is not available at the moment.

here's a temporary forum:

http://rsc.vadertrophy.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=10

Those searching for data pretaining to GPL may wish to ask questions here

That was a very hard game, but very fun.

I WANT MY GTR!

(sing along to the old I WANT MY MTV...)

I want my GTR!

I tried G P Legends. It certainly had potential but with me running XP and all the patches I couldn't get it to run smoothly... It's too bad I think I would have liked the challenge of racing.

I want my GTR!

regards,
    Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by knightgames_01:
    I WANT MY GTR!

(sing along to the old I WANT MY MTV...)

I want my GTR!

I tried G P Legends. It certainly had potential but with me running XP and all the patches I couldn't get it to run smoothly... It's too bad I think I would have liked the challenge of racing.

I want my GTR!

regards,
    Robert

QUOTE]

Robert-
    Something is wrong, then, because GPL with the CPU patch runs smoothly as silk on my WinXP OS.

Are you absolutely sure you installed the CPU speed patch? Without it, GPL is a slide show on new PCs

I used what is called the "all in one" patch. It does 1.2.0.2, all 3d rasterizers and all that stuff. It makes an out of the box GPL run great on XP. Now if I could just remember where I got it!?!?!

macd1102's Avatar Member
    i have gtr, it's everything expected and more, and only cost 53 dollars to get it here in the states

If you want Grand Prix Legends Demo you can find it at Blackhole Motor Sports website it has alot of improvements just not all of the tracks of the original but these can be downloaded elsewhere. Give it a try.

Thanks Chuck.

I think I did install it correctly. When I tried it I was also having issues with video editing. I use the computer for work and absolutely need a stable system and it was giving me fits with that. I think it may have been driver issue, but seeing my needs tend to fall in line with work....you can see where GPL might fall a little lower in the priority department. Still would have been nice to get it going.
    I've even needed to change drivers back to more editing stable drivers for IL2/FB/PF.

I've loaded the GTR demo and it's a dream show.

thanks anyway , Chuck
    regards,
    Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

All in one patch you say?

http://trackdb.d2g.com/all-in-one.asp

Thanks altstiff. It's been a couple of years since I last lapped Monza at less than a buck thirty. I may have to dig out the old Microsoft FF wheel (or the even older TSW unit with the clutch pedal) and try again.