aminx's Avatar Senior Member
    Might as well list the reasons with the hope that the same mistake is not repeated with BOB and other projects:

1)Total absence of a real dynamic hystoric campaign from pearl all the way up.We repeatedly asked for same during the year and got no reply.eg mig alley and the new BOB anounced by gmx media.The so called dynamic campaigns we have are not so,these are not dynamic campaigns in the true sense.
    2)No carrier born flyable torp bombers.We are all sick and tired of repeating the same thing all year,no reply or unconvincing arguments.
    3)At least half the maps are missing.
    4)Flight physics of some planes need to be overhauled and re-overhauled.
    5)Ships missing.
    6)carriers missing.
    7)recon planes do not spot or warn.
    8)Missing flyable fighters from early period of conflict.
    9)No hystoric missions.
    10) pamphlet with a detailed description of the planes and battles and some insight into the conflict.
    11)Allow open architecture for the planes you cant handle and let others finnish off all the missing cockpits even if not perfectly correct hystorically.

I hope other members will comment and add to the above and in the meantime i would like to conclude this input with how let down i feel about PF,if there was competition they would have never dared release this sim.
    aminx

AFJ_Locust's Avatar Senior Member
    Agree with most of that cept #11

i dont thin the PTO is dead , but there are realy missing points in release.
    im an 100% online player, offline the whole series of IL2 games is boring in my eyes (but thats very personal !)

but still online, making missions, the absence of specific maps and sometime planes are annoying. when you want stick a little bit historical .

USAAF campaigns are realy lacking maps. also the miss of more Salomons stuff is downgrading this game heavily. the whole year 1943 is a joke ! you can actually use only Tarawa .
    also some japanese AI planes are missing (this Ki-46 is close to useless , very bad choice to put in ! ) - so allies havent much to shoot at - still only G4M1 in 1945 .

if the Torpplanes are flyable ore not, i dont care, ther are there as AI at least.

Well guys I'm sure Oleg will have learned his lesson.

Between the litigious US aircraft manufactures and the disgruntalled and very vocal American forum winners I'm sure he'll never make the mistake of doing the Pacific again. After all he's got more than enougth to do with BOB the Med and a return the Eastern Front.

Don't worry though I'm sure some US based developer will be able to give you all you want from a Pacific flight sim. Maybe EA games or Mircrosoft?

By the way this is not meant to offend the vast majority of Americans on this forum who support and constructively criticise this game.

sapre's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
    Might as well list the reasons with the hope that the same mistake is not repeated with BOB and other projects:

1)Total absence of a real dynamic hystoric campaign from pearl all the way up.We repeatedly asked for same during the year and got no reply.eg mig alley and the new BOB anounced by gmx media.The so called dynamic campaigns we have are not so,these are not dynamic campaigns in the true sense.
    2)No carrier born flyable torp bombers.We are all sick and tired of repeating the same thing all year,no reply or unconvincing arguments.
    3)At least half the maps are missing.
    4)Flight physics of some planes need to be overhauled and re-overhauled.
    5)Ships missing.
    6)carriers missing.
    7)recon planes do not spot or warn.
    8)Missing flyable fighters from early period of conflict.
    9)No hystoric missions.
    10) pamphlet with a detailed description of the planes and battles and some insight into the conflict.
    11)Allow open architecture for the planes you cant handle and let others finnish off all the missing cockpits even if not perfectly correct hystorically.

I hope other members will comment and add to the above and in the meantime i would like to conclude this input with how let down i feel about PF,if there was competition they would have never dared release this sim.
    aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Can you show me a source that proves PF is dead, not your personal opinion?

Yes, please don't start lumping "Americans" into some whining sterotype about BoB. Besides, you don't even know if the author is from the U.S.

I like what we got. I want more, but I'm a patient guy. I mean, who knew that U.S. aircraft manufacturers were so greedy?

I agree with a few of the points made, but like Frankyboy, I'm 100% online, and think the campaigns offline are just boring. Thats MY personal opinion.

thanks reply

the idea behind number 11 as a solution is as follow:
    CFS2:When the sim was released in 1999 i rushed to buy it thinking it would be an up to date of AOTP or 1942 war in the pacific and everyone just dropped the game right from the start for some of the above reasons,it had none of the qualities or features of the 2 sims mentioned dynamic campaign was even none existent missing planes etc.Fine,the cd's remained lying somewhere in the house for years until suddenly due to the open architecture feature and people beeing able to afford internet,new sights, etc. we found ourselves engulfed with a huge range of addons,planes,effects,this and that.Result,everyone came back and started playing,its still alive today with sights rich in downloads and a robust well manered community in the forums ready to help you out.
    Since Maddox games has proven to be out of touch with the pacific conflict and the significance it has hystorically to the american public who do remember their hystory and still read about it and will always do so i cannot think of a more practical and economic solution.It would be free,as simple as that.
    aminx

Who said its dead?? I hope its just getting its second wind!! ;-)
    But I might add to the list:
    Flyable Cats and heavies

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Um, how long has PF been released worldwide?

PRANGSTER
    ---------

YOu are the guy who developed the lovely mosquito for oleg months back ,great job, really looking forward to flying it in BOB.However please take note that unless he includes a real and i repeat a real dynamic campaign like the one which we will see in Feb of next year it will be a serious set back again,head my word.
    As for another company like EA electronics which is American and therefore know what must be in the game and how to handle trade mark laws we agree with you entirely,as a matter of fact we were the other day in our local store discussing and looking at their range of games and tittles.Their "dynamic campaign"in NASCAR is excellent and you can be sure they will include the missing cockpits no matter what for the hystoric planes,but will they consider our plight?Is there a market to justify the expense?they know.
    aminx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►