View Poll Results: hey i think there should be a katana in the brotherhood what do u think?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ya that sounds awsome!

7 26.92%
  • it would be a good thing for a bonus weapon

8 30.77%
  • ah no way!

11 42.31%
    katana in brotherhood?

SlimeDynamiteD's Avatar Senior Member
    Why would you want a Katana if you got a Dagger?

Actually, if you look closely at the end of the E3 cinematic trailer, you will see that one of the Assassins, the leftmost if I remember correctly, is wielding a katana.

well i think it would be cool just for a sword

ChaosxNetwork's Avatar Senior Member
    First your poll is biased towards it being good idea. I think it is not a good idea as a katana is just another sword and nothing that special and it is also from a later time period so...

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by BK-110:
    Actually, if you look closely at the end of the E3 cinematic trailer, you will see that one of the Assassins, the leftmost if I remember correctly, is wielding a katana.
    I actually had this conversation with someone on here already, I think it was with UchihaKarasu but I can't be sure. Anyway, I was told that the blade you mentioned is not actually a Katana but something very similar. Again you'd have to speak to the source of said info but I believe it was a reliable one lol

Personally I hope at the end of each Tomb in AC:B there will be unique weapons and armour upgrades. Altairs armour was nice but they've run the seals idea into the ground already... and having chests with coin in them was a bit pointless!

I agree with Robson. Give us a unique weapon in the tombs.

Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
    I agree with Robson. Give us a unique weapon in the tombs.
    Like how each assassin that had a seal had a special weapon that you can see on the seal. You should get their weapon from inside their tomb at the end

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    I was also hoping there would be some kind of wear and tear system to the weapons. Much like armour in ACII. The more you use and abuse them the more they would need to be repaired,sharpened or counter weights added to rebalance them. Also the stats would decrease if they remained unrepaired for to long, plus there could be a chance of it breaking altogether and if it was a unique weapon you would lose it.

That's a just a daft feature I would like added, can't imagine it would be a popular idea.

'Aaahhh! My nice unique sword just fell apart*cry**moan**winge**opensthreadonubisoftforums tocomplainandaskforapatch*' etc etc

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
    I actually had this conversation with someone on here already, I think it was with UchihaKarasu but I can't be sure. Anyway, I was told that the blade you mentioned is not actually a Katana but something very similar. Again you'd have to speak to the source of said info but I believe it was a reliable one lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to have the length and curve as well as a typical tsuba and tsuka. From what I can see it looks perfectly like a katana. Considering when the katana originated, it may have found its way to the Assassins.

But yeah, I might be wrong and it could be something else...

EDIT: Seems I actually started that conversation back then. Here's a quote from that thread:

Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
    Interesting, the leftmost of the Assassins has a sword that looks quite a damn lot like a katana...

EDIT: The curve and thickness seems to be exactly that of a katana and it's got a pretty damn typical tsuba. If that's a Japanese sword, where the hell did he get it. o_o
    I noticed that aswell, surely they would of had some trade routes open by that time... maybe UchihaKarasu would know.

She is a Renaissance Fanatic after all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait what?
    You called?

*ahem*
    The sword's blade does share a great resemblance to a katana, and the the distinctive shape of the guard is definitely that of a tsuba, I honestly haven't heard much about Katanas appearing in Renaissance Italy, but this was also a time of mass trade between Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. And the Assassins probably have their connections, so its highly possible that they could be able to get their hands on such a weapon.
    Lesson over!

Also, was anyone else fascinated with Cesare's hair in the trailer? It looked so realistic and swayed so nicely XD

He was also kind of attractive *COUGH* What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►