Has anyone ever encountered one of those very powerful Templars (the Janissaries?) while roof running, and noticed that he was doing the same?

Just now I saw one of them with no weapon, and just free-running, moving just like an Assassin would. He never noticed me, (though other guards did) even when I pushed him. I figured this could be an easter egg, so I followed him for a good five minutes or so. The longer I followed his exact path, the more I doubted that this could just be a glitch or something, because it was like his path was programmed specifically for this event to occur. If there was a disruptance, he would pause for a moment, then get back on track.

It was as if I was playing a mission in which I had to follow Yusuf, but it was a random Templar with no mission active. I almost lost him a couple times. Anyway, when he started running in the ground (he was shoving civilians out of the way), he eventually lead me to an alleyway, then started climbing again. This is when I lost him, because he must have made a sharp turn once he climbed back up to a walkway above.

I was worried, so I climbed and tried to find him, no luck. So I just took a guess at where he could've gone from there, and to my surprise, I found him after a minute. But it seemed as though he had finished his course, as he was just standing on the roof of a building. I went in front of him, and waited. I gentle pushed him off of the building, but he just resumed his idle stance. So I killed him to see if anything would happen. Nothing, and looting him brought nothing but the ordinary either.

Thinking back, I should've tried pick pocketing him, or trying to trigger a fight. But anyway, has this happened to anyone else?

Has anyone ever encountered one of those very powerful Templars (the Janissaries?) while roof running, and noticed that he was doing the same?

Just now I saw one of them with no weapon, and just free-running, moving just like an Assassin would. He never noticed me, (though other guards did) even when I pushed him. I figured this could be an easter egg, so I followed him for a good five minutes or so. The longer I followed his exact path, the more I doubted that this could just be a glitch or something, because it was like his path was programmed specifically for this event to occur. If there was a disruptance, he would pause for a moment, then get back on track.

It was as if I was playing a mission in which I had to follow Yusuf, but it was a random Templar with no mission active. I almost lost him a couple times. Anyway, when he started running in the ground (he was shoving civilians out of the way), he eventually lead me to an alleyway, then started climbing again. This is when I lost him, because he must have made a sharp turn once he climbed back up to a walkway above.

I was worried, so I climbed and tried to find him, no luck. So I just took a guess at where he could've gone from there, and to my surprise, I found him after a minute. But it seemed as though he had finished his course, as he was just standing on the roof of a building. I went in front of him, and waited. I gentle pushed him off of the building, but he just resumed his idle stance. So I killed him to see if anything would happen. Nothing, and looting him brought nothing but the ordinary either.

Thinking back, I should've tried pick pocketing him, or trying to trigger a fight. But anyway, has this happened to anyone else?

I suggest a worldwide forum wild goose hunt.

Serrachio's Avatar Senior Member
    You just killed Janissary Batman.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Ezio: "Who are you?"
    Janissary: "I'm Batman!"
    Ezio:

maybe he was poisoned but with too low of a dose to die so he was hallucinating and chasing/running from something

blazefp's Avatar Senior Member
    Weird indeed. Never happened to me. Btw Janissaries aren't templars, they're Ottomans. Byzantines are (in general) templars

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
    maybe he was poisoned but with too low of a dose to die so he was hallucinating and chasing/running from something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's joking right?

MagnifyHope's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
    maybe he was poisoned but with too low of a dose to die so he was hallucinating and chasing/running from something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nathan Drake-style?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
    Weird indeed. Never happened to me. Btw Janissaries aren't templars, they're Ottomans. Byzantines are (in general) templars

That's joking right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes i'm joking lol, maybe he was running scared like when you start killing a lot of guards and the weaker ones run scared? but maybe it's a bug and this time a janissary fled the fight?

RzaRecta357's Avatar Senior Member
    He wasn't a templar!