Airmail109's Avatar Senior Member
    Anyone else good at picking up on lies, just through gut reaction that then end up being proven to be lies?

A couple of very close friends mentioned today that I have an uncanny ability to do it, this is hard to explain but this makes things hard as over the past couple of years the more I've learned to trust that instinct the less time I have for a lot of people. I'm actually beginning to see it as a curse.

Airmail109's Avatar Senior Member
    Anyone else good at picking up on lies, just through gut reaction that then end up being proven to be lies?

A couple of very close friends mentioned today that I have an uncanny ability to do it, this is hard to explain but this makes things hard as over the past couple of years the more I've learned to trust that instinct the less time I have for a lot of people. I'm actually beginning to see it as a curse.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    One day this power will cost you the love of your life because she has a scouse accent and you initially find her shifty. Clearly the gods are setting you up, but when stuff goes totally Greek you can always stay at mine.

***edit***
    In a totally non-gay way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:

A couple of very close friends ....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends how you define lies. Sometimes conflicting information appears to be lies.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101 in another thread:
    2) Completely incompetent when it comes to building lasting relationships of any form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....... when it is merely mood swings or a change of opinion.

I immediately call people out on their words so those who know me know not to lie. Those who don't know me and lie are simply following innate human survival instincts.

Badsight-'s Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ploughman:
    One day this power will cost you the love of your life because she has a scouse accent and you initially find her shifty. Clearly the gods are setting you up, but when stuff goes totally Greek you can always stay at mine.

***edit***
    In a totally non-gay way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i lol'ed how you got the edit there

as if reading after submitting you went "hmmmm"

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:

A couple of very close friends mentioned today that I have an uncanny ability to do it, this is hard to explain but this makes things hard as over the past couple of years the more I've learned to trust that instinct the less time I have for a lot of people. I'm actually beginning to see it as a curse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blessed are the Ignorant for they shalt be happy and contented in their delusions

In a world full of abstractions, it seems easier to focus on if something is true than proving its a lie.

Bill

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Just a thought for you to consider Airmail...

Though it is important to learn whether a person is generally honest or not if you're beginning to have more and more interactions with them that can or will affect you (love relationship, friend, employee).......For the most part and for most people in your life it doesn't matter if someone is telling the truth or lying.

Unless the lie will affect your life, it doesn't really matter, and the only time lies that won't affect your life will matter is when you need to form a deep trust with the person because of consistant interactions you will be having as initially said.

IOW.....99.9999% of the lies you'll hear and those that tell them will not matter one iota. SO it's best simply to learn not to sweat it....

K2

raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    as a kid i had an amzing intuition, never failed

now as an adult i tried cannabis and my intuition tells me the world is staged

well so said sexspear

Usually I can a person in a lie, but not always.
    A person's demeanor changes when they lie.