while we wait for the Seahawks to win the superbowl, those in the Seattle area can go to this event at the Museum of Flight.

CLASH OF THE CARRIERS PRESENTATION AND BOOK SIGNING
    When
    Saturday, January 28, 2006, 2 €" 3:30pm

Where
    William M. Allen Theater

Notes
    Author Barrett Tillman will moderate a panel of World War II veterans who participated in the €œMarianas Turkey Shoot€ in June 1944. The panelists include John T. €œMike€ Wolf, USN (Ret.), a local U.S. Navy fighter ace; Warren Omark, USN (Ret.), a TBF Avenger pilot who contributed to the sinking of the Japanese carrier Hiyo; John Harper USN (Ret.), a landing signal officer aboard the U.S.S. Bell; and James E. Duffy, USN (Ret.), a fighter ace who scored each of his five aerial victories over a different type of Japanese aircraft. After the program, the speakers will sign copies of Tillman€s book, Clash of the Carriers: The True Story of the Marianas Turkey Shoot of World War II (NAL, 2005).

Presentation is free with Museum admission.

oh man, the things i would ask those guys!

somebody in the Seattle area better attend this thing and post a low-down about it here in these forums.

we probably have another 5-10 years to ask the WW2 vets our questions before they are all gone

Originally posted by jds1978:
    somebody in the Seattle area better attend this thing and post a low-down about it here in these forums.
    How about the actual video?
    http://www.tvw.org/MediaPlayer/Archi...6010119&TYPE=V

wow, thats great. i watched the whole hour and 40 min of that. thanks for posting that. Tillman is a great author and historian. those guys were incredible and had some great stories.

Funny you posted that...Im in Seattle, and I saw it televised that next morning at around 5am (I couldnt sleep.)

It was on the government access channel of all places, but was great to watch. Wish I could have made it.

The museum of flight kicks a$$!