Greetings all;

I was looking at F19_Olli72s wallpapers (found in his sig) and saw the beautiful Me-210, which sparked an old curiosity that I had. Just how effective were those defensive guns? By this I mean, were the effective...since they were remotely controlled.

Additionally, the Me-210 ever going to be flyable...I imagine the remote controlled guns may hinder that.

Just curious...if it's been covered (either question) already, I apologize.

If you get a chance, check out F19_Olli72s wallpapers.

Red Russian

Greetings all;

I was looking at F19_Olli72s wallpapers (found in his sig) and saw the beautiful Me-210, which sparked an old curiosity that I had. Just how effective were those defensive guns? By this I mean, were the effective...since they were remotely controlled.

Additionally, the Me-210 ever going to be flyable...I imagine the remote controlled guns may hinder that.

Just curious...if it's been covered (either question) already, I apologize.

If you get a chance, check out F19_Olli72s wallpapers.

Red Russian

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Agreed. I read they were very effective, but also *I think* I read they were hard to model over the FB. I don't know. mmmm

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    :
    "Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

Its difficult to quantify how good something like the FDL-131 was. It was probably pretty accurate on account of the solid mountings the MG-131's had, and was well supplied with ammunition. It also covered a wide field of fire for a defensive weapon mount, and penalized the Me210/Me410 with little drag due to the small streamlined weapon blisters.

As to modelling in FB, it does look quite a complex array in the cockpit. Also, you would need to model 2 gunsight positions, as there are two separate reflector sights, one for aiming the left mounted gun and one for the right.

Ahh.... how I'd love to see a flyable Hornisse!

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Günther Rall

Look Noobie, we already told you, we don't have the Patch!

Abbuzze's Avatar Senior Member
    It was difficult to aim with this weapons, but I also remember that an US P47 ace was shot down while he attacked a 410.

I./JG53 PikAs Abbuzze
    http://www.jg53-pikas.de/