Jrv2005's Avatar Banned
    I'm confused. For what reason did Reed and Kobin kill Archer and Kestrel? I don't seem to understand the reasoning behind it. Did they not trust them with the information? I mean, they were loyal enough to kill each other, but Reed and Kobin didn't think they were loyal enough not to tell anyone about EMP's? It doesn't make sense to me.

So no one would know about the EMPs, because the EMPs are used for <span class="ev_code_RED">[SINGLEPLAYER SPOILERS]</span>

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">taking down the president</span>.

Jrv2005's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by altair2nd:
    So no one would know about the EMPs, because the EMPs are used for <span class="ev_code_RED">[SINGLEPLAYER SPOILERS]</span>

Yeah, but it's not like they would have done anything with the information. They could have just said, "Don't tell anyone." Considering they were loyal enough to kill each other, I'd say they were loyal enough to keep a secret.

I haven't seen the end, but it sucks that they die, they seemed to work well together.

Originally posted by Jrv2005:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by altair2nd:

Yeah, but it's not like they would have done anything with the information. They could have just said, "Don't tell anyone." Considering they were loyal enough to kill each other, I'd say they were loyal enough to keep a secret. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's true.

KhAoZx90's Avatar Banned
    Either way who ever kills the other, they both understood it might have come to that even though they were both dissapointed because they definately grew on eachother and diddnt want to do it...but "orders are orders" as Kestral said

I just finished the Co-Op story with my friend and saw the ending. I was Archer, and he was Kestrel, then killed me. I got so mad Kobin and Reed killed both of the guys. I really liked them! It made me ;(

I hate going into spoiler topics like these and not expecting anything major due to the topic description, then get a huge part of the game spoiled. I finished the sp story, but haven't finished the co-op yet....maybe you should have put *Co-op ending spoilers* or *HUGE spoilers* in the title.

Originally posted by stavros_27:
    I hate going into spoiler topics like these and not expecting anything major due to the topic description, then get a huge part of the game spoiled. I finished the sp story, but haven't finished the co-op yet....maybe you should have put *Co-op ending spoilers* or *HUGE spoilers* in the title.
    i think you werent smart for being on the forums when the game is out. wat do you expect? theres going to be questions about the game story now.

Topic says spoilers, so I'm not whiting out...

Archer is ordered to kill Kestrel so that Kestrel does not report back to the Russians, whom he is loyal to.

If Kestrel survives, Kobin kills him to prevent the Russians from finding out, still.

If Archer survives, he is killed so as to not ask questions about why he had to murder his (in a sense) partner.

I'm assuming this is the answer...
    It couldn't be "to tie up loose ends," as clearly Kobin was a loose end as well (I mean, Sam could've just as easily killed him instead of interrogating him).