stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    Click on Promo Movie 8

With Dynamic airflow, 6DoF, and self casting shadows, KoTS is looking more and more like a major competitor, a SoW generation flight sim rather than an IL2+ generation FS.

Competiton is good? or is it now inappropriate to follow it's progress on these Il2 boards?

Click on Promo Movie 8

With Dynamic airflow, 6DoF, and self casting shadows, KoTS is looking more and more like a major competitor, a SoW generation flight sim rather than an IL2+ generation FS.

Competiton is good? or is it now inappropriate to follow it's progress on these Il2 boards?

This game can`t be BoB`s competitor.

Flying will be very different between those games I think.

I buy both but it is not like I actually have to choose one.

Both games are a MUST.

KotS will really rock and I'm very much looking forward to this game. Rotating engines, ignition control instead of throttle, dynamics and flight modell. This game will really rock.
    But BoB will be stunning, too, though most of this game is pure speculation due to the very little news and even less material released, yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This game can`t be BoB`s competitor.

Flying will be very different between those games I think.

I buy both but it is not like I actually have to choose one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this might be a more hard core simmer stance... I think someone who's just looking for a flight sim to enjoy will go either or... and other people might find the battle of britain to be way over done and opt for the refreshing WWI sim... so in that sense it will be a competitor I believe.

I suppose I didn't really mean competitor in the sales sense; I think it's likely that a large proportion of us would buy both due to the niche market nature of CFSims.

I meant more in the technical sense; you know that that's a big driver between competing developers in any walk of life. Particularly since GT maintain that KoTS will run well on current systems.

The sound is friggin' awesome and they really allready implemented inertia and the ignition throttle - awesome.

For me it all comes down to what the online experience is. I cannot get interested in playing against AI no matter how good it is.

A WW1 scenario is much more suited to the online environment than any second world war stuff. The small operational area and poor cooperation of most DF servers is pure Dawn Patrol

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    The engine looks pretty spiffing, while KotS is initially simulating a different era of combat aviation to SoW: BoB I wonder if the KotS engine would be able to compete against the SoW engine in the future; a KotS engined WWII sim? KotS: Korea? Or SoW: Flanders FUBAR!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►